Author Topic: [DS5] After stick exchange the drift turns from right/left into up/down  (Read 530 times)

Offline Baldur

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bread-bearD
Hello everyone,

I got a DS5 controller with a slight drift (left/right). So i decided to desolder the old stick and put an alps into the position. After that the original drift was gone, but now I've switched into up-drift.  :nono: i've read some about the potis and desoldered the up/down poti to messure. The value was 10,7 kOhm. Searched a while for parts in my box and found a poti with 10kOhm 🤔 but after assembling the drift is still there.

Is there a list or something to decide upon the value if the poti is good or has a drift?
Or could it be that analogue stick is still the problem?

Thanks for reading and help  :beg: :hifive:

Regards, Baldur

Offline Baldur

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bread-bearD
I did some research and read many threads across this board. As far as I can figure out, there are no values which can point to a replacement stick which will fit perfectly. I've desoldered an original with 2,0kOhm & 2,02kOhm and did an exchange with 10,0kOhm & 9,8kOhm (left / right Poti) and it doesn't work like expected.

At other threads they're talking about that the sticks are calibrated by factory and while do an exchange u will have "calibrate" by Poti or find an analogue stick which will fit.
Doing that I've ran into another problem.... Flashing orange 3 times and done 🤔

Offline zis2104

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User

Offline wickated

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-1
  • Acidmods User
dis sheet doesnt solve anything

Offline zis2104

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
I have 2 controller ps2 very old....and the analogs works very well, after 15 years. Now we are luckied if controller ps5/xbox one work for two months

Offline wickated

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-1
  • Acidmods User
modern controllers are more than 10 times more precise. so this comparsion doesnt count

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal