Author Topic: JDM-055 rose from the dead !!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 831 times)

Offline Eren_Ackerman

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
JDM-055 rose from the dead !!!!!!!!!!!
« on: October 30, 2021, 07:31:02 AM »
This is not a question, but rather information from a case that just happened to me that might be of use later. I write it here because, obviously, it's a relevant place where others might find the info useful somehow.

I have a drawer where I left 4 jdm-055 controllers that had problems that ranged from no charging, to no usb connection at all, to even frozen light after connection/disconnection. I checked them several times before I put them there. Now I started checking them yet again because I want to take the boards out in order to place them in a different drawer for donor boards, leaving the casings ready for working boards and just so happened that one of the "not charging" controllers is working fine now!!  :w00t:

The timeline of these controllers:

Before I put these controllers there I took the batteries out because I wanted to charge them and measure them (mAh). Then I put the controllers there for what must have been 2 to 3 weeks. Now this one controller received a fully charged battery (measured 664 mAh) that was also stored but out of any controller (100% charged, not good I know, but it kept its charge) and now the controller is working perfectly fine just from this. I'm thinking this controller must have needed a "static drain" or something like that (because of the fact that it was left with no electricity for weeks or battery whatsoever). I'm gonna keep this controller for myself to update on it after a month of every day use.

Ah, something else I just noticed: the touchpad is not connected. Probably unrelated, but it's still info.

Some more further info: judging from the notes I wrote on the other controllers, this one must be the one I tried the "5v" trick I posted on a different info-post. I thought I had killed it  :wacko: (don't try it at home yet: I'm obviously still learning)

So yeah, see you in a month.  :tup:

Offline wickated

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-1
  • Acidmods User
Re: JDM-055 rose from the dead !!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 02:16:00 AM »
so this one was just bumped one. cahrge ic is located in center of board end soldering cracks often. so y didnt reflow it at diagnostics

Offline Eren_Ackerman

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2021, 02:40:24 PM »
so this one was just bumped one. cahrge ic is located in center of board end soldering cracks often. so y didnt reflow it at diagnostics

I didn't think of that. I'm using these controllers for learning    :cry2:

I have 4 other jdm-055 with no-charge problems, so I'll try reflowing them during this weekend.

Offline Eren_Ackerman

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2021, 04:08:52 AM »
Here's the update I promised!

So I've been using this controller for an entire month now just to see if it fails on me again and nope; the controller is still working perfectly fine after a month of use.

Now, as you may already know I'm a total newbie; I'm using these controllers for learning how to repair things. I bought JDS-055 USB boards a week ago and now that they arrived I used them to test one of my "non-usb connect boards" that I stored aside, and I'll be damned... The first board I tried one on is working perfectly fine again xD I'll test 3 others next.

I think what happened with the controller from this post is that I probably first tried the controller with its own JSD board the first time and it didn't work, but then when I went to test it again I used another JDS board from a controller whose main board was "killed in action" (boards that I bought completely dead or that I killed myself trying to learn things), therefore leaving a working JDS board that I later tried this controller with. I also learned that the JDS boards have a fuse, so I probably threw away boards just because of a simple fuse xD

So yeah. You learn everyday something new I guess xD

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal