Author Topic: Xbox one s controller motherboard buttons error  (Read 1087 times)

Offline ReGORE

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Xbox one s controller motherboard buttons error
« on: January 29, 2022, 02:30:53 AM »
Hi.

I have an xbox one S controller, and this happened to it one day to the next. I'm already sure there's a problem with the top motherboard, which has the Dpad, and the rb lb button, because if I replace it with another it works fine.  Do you have any tips on what might be the problem and what needs to be replaced to improve it?

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: Xbox one s controller motherboard buttons error
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2022, 09:06:36 AM »
Either U4 on the top board is bad or there is some corroded traces/components that are going to it.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline ReGORE

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2022, 01:12:15 AM »
No sign of corrosion. I washed the motherboard several times with isopropyl alcohol but no change. I already replaced the U4 chip, but it didn't get any better. Can anythingelse cause this problem?

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2022, 01:21:58 AM »
Not that I have seen, and there are more than a few posts around here with that issue where it has been one of those 2 problems.

Use the schematic and start poking around, because I'd still guess you have an open somewhere around U4, usually the Reset line at R4 will corrode or a via around there.

Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Stackhouse

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2022, 08:38:43 PM »
Hi, did u find any solution? I have the same issue.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal