Author Topic: Elite 2 Paddle Functionality Question  (Read 613 times)

Offline mikesboatsupply

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Elite 2 Paddle Functionality Question
« on: April 10, 2022, 07:56:32 AM »
Got my hands on a box of elite 2 controllers, many of which it appears have had airborne tendencies, as the cases are cracked and damaged. I was playing around with the idea of fitting them into S cases and settings them up with buttons to replace the functionality of the paddles. I have modded the S case and the controller to fit each other, and it does quite well. I added short throw triggers etc
 and all is working well except for the new buttons for the rear paddles. I used the J19 J20 and J16 J15 locations to tap in as they were much more open for soldering than the DB26 27 29 and 30 locations.  The other side of the micro switch is going to ground. That said I am getting 0 response out of the paddle buttons. I am guessing this is solely due to an oversite by myself, a hobbiest with a sketchy skill set, and am wondering if some one here with more knowledge can throw an intelligence smack down my way?

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: Elite 2 Paddle Functionality Question
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2022, 08:45:04 AM »
They are just N.O. switches that go to ground, so electrically it sounds like you have that right. First guess would be you're not using an XB1 console or W10 and the XBOX Accessories app to test them? and if you are then I'd guess they are just not remapped to any buttons in the settings?
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline mikesboatsupply

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2022, 08:48:07 AM »
Well crap I was hoping I was being dumb. I am using a console for testing and have them mapped, gonna have to get into it a little deeper and see whats what. I wish I had tested the buttons before disassembly but I cant say I Did

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2022, 08:54:36 AM »
Tried all 3 profiles? Checked if they need the firmware updated?
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline mikesboatsupply

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2022, 08:58:50 AM »
Ding Ding Ding we have a winner. Firmware Update. Had that effect connectivity and audio jack before, never seen it bother the buttons. Now just to close this guy up and play test.
Will post pics of the finished controller

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal