Author Topic: JDM-011 component identification  (Read 405 times)

Offline Eyeball_40

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
JDM-011 component identification
« on: October 20, 2022, 08:22:10 AM »
Hi,

I?ve a DualShock 011 board which had a blown power board and flex with visible burn marks.

Having replaced that I still have no power and on further investigation have seen a blown filter coil next to the flex connector on the motherboard.

I believe I could jump this to bring it back to life but seeing as it?s power related and most likely travels to the pmic I?d like to install another coil.

Could someone firstly confirm if it would be ok to test with a jump and also which part and size to order for its replacement.

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 08:30:20 AM by Eyeball_40 »

Offline Eyeball_40

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: JDM-011 component identification
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2022, 09:15:13 AM »
Ok so after cleaning the scorch on the coil it now has continuity through it. I have a working 011 board but on comparison there appears to be 2 revisions. One with serial ending 21 (faulty) one ending 31 (working)

On the faulty board there is a small ic with a resistor below it that looks blown and reading 0.001 in circuit. First step will be to get this replaced but could someone help with its value?

Second thought of course is the pmic for which I have four available,  but this replacement will be the last resort.

Could the small resistor beneath the ic on the faulty 21 board be the cause of the fault?

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 09:16:14 AM by Eyeball_40 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal