Author Topic: DualSense BDM-020 - R1 button always pressed  (Read 754 times)

Offline HyperMax

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
DualSense BDM-020 - R1 button always pressed
« on: December 23, 2022, 08:19:21 AM »
Greetings! I have an issue with my dualsense - it's always pressed R1 button even without trigger ribbons. Can anyone help?
Have short on this cap and on pads without it.

Thanks in advance

IMG-20221223-181233" border="0

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: DualSense BDM-020 - R1 button always pressed
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2022, 03:57:55 AM »
That R1 trace is on an internal layer, then it pops back up there and goes directly to the MCU. If the short is still there with the Capacitor removed, then try cleaning out from under the MCU first. Rubbing alcohol and some compressed air. If that does nothing then reflowing the MCU might correct it. If that doesn't work then it will need to be removed and check the trace for a short. Then if the short is gone, the MCU might be able to be checked to see if ground and that R1 'pin' on the MCU is shorted, but no idea if all of it's grounds are connected internally so that may or may not be a valid test. Either way it would need reballed and reinstalled to check and if it was still shorted then it would need another MCU.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline HyperMax

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: DualSense BDM-020 - R1 button always pressed
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2022, 05:47:15 AM »
Thanks! I also thought about mcu, but not sure that i will replace it. )))) Maybe will try just to reflow

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal