Author Topic: 1697 Controller, question about drifting even when replaced stick.  (Read 435 times)

Offline enigmaxg2

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Hi!

A controller came to my workshop to get the right stick drift fixed, replaced the stick (with it's two potentiometers) and still drifts to the left.

Analysing it on a computer, it doesn't go from -32768 to 32768, to make it to go to 0 (center) I need to move it fully to the right.

Further analysing it, I discovered that it doesn't have the right voltages at the center pin. It must be 0.8v but it has 0.3v, so I checked the board and while I didn't found any short or cut trace, I think a capacitor is the culprit, I swapped C23 and C25 and the problem also swapped from the X-axis to the Y-axis...

I don't have a multimeter with capacitance function, but knowing the part number/value will help me to get a replacement from any cellphone/other device board which I have the schematics for.

Thanks in advance

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: 1697 Controller, question about drifting even when replaced stick.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2023, 05:00:33 PM »
Cap is a bit leaky and why it's acting like that. Value is 10nF, but anything from 1nF to 10nF would work fine there.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline enigmaxg2

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2023, 11:51:02 AM »
That did the trick! Thank you so much!

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2023, 01:52:09 PM »
Welcome.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal