Author Topic: Wii back-ups  (Read 6990 times)

Offline Rory

• ZOMG, A Deda!!!!!
  • Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Eyy lmao
Wii back-ups
« on: May 25, 2007, 08:25:01 AM »
Does anyone know how to get legaly backed-up Wii games, from the computer onto the Wii?
My 2 gb SD card won't hold any games :( . Is there a way around this (apart from mod-chipping it)?

Note: I have my own backed up games and not asking where or how to download them.
Quote from: IndyChav
I think that the king of spam should be immune to the punishment for posting spam everywhere, so post away Rory :tup:
Quote from: FreeK
couldnt of said it any better.

Offline pinoyballa

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Wii back-ups
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 08:29:10 AM »
oh ok in that case there is no method to currently play backups on your     wii without a modchip, but believe me the chip is very easy to install
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 09:03:12 AM by pinoyballa00009 »

Offline SYSTEM aka (Cyberpyrot)

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 08:45:45 AM »
EDIT: i just read the rules and it said no talk of ripped games is allowed so yeah i took out my post

You can discuss how to back game you own. just not where to find games you don't own.

Offline rocky

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 11:18:14 PM »
I think there is a way with a action replay and a sd load card to play gamecube homebrew but for anything else you will need a mod chip

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 06:36:23 AM »
i hope this is allowed...to play a backed up game on your wii you must have a modchip installed(very easy,my very first time soldering and it worked fine) and then you must burn your backed up game image(in .iso format) i recommend imgburn.after you burn the image,put it in wii and play.

Offline pinoyballa

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 08:20:13 PM »
to pspkicks it is allowed as long as ur talking about legally backed up games.....and yea the chip is very easy to install... i just hope wiikey comes out with the firmware update

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 09:45:45 AM »
ok good,i didnt know.and yeah wiikey is an "ok" chip,theres no updates,but it playes backups and other region games.thats all i wanted.

Offline pinoyballa

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 12:09:39 PM »
well hopefully the firnware update will come out soon cuz on wiikey.cn they said that theyve sent the update to some beta testers 

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2007, 12:11:23 PM »
sweet.cant wait!

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2008, 04:45:05 PM »
if you have a d2c or newer drive chip you could invest in buying a d2ckey with a wii-clip.  super easy to install!! you could even buy the d2ckey with wii-clip preinstalled! just open the wii, locate drive chip, push in the wii-clip and your done!
MY CONSOLE LIST:

-1 PS   )                -1 GameCube
-1 PS2 (fa              -2 OG Gameboys
-1 PS2 (slim           -2 color gameboys -1 PS3                   -1 GBA -5 PSP                   -1 Gameboy SP -1 iPod TOUCH                   -2 NDS w/r4 -1 iPod video 5g                 -1 Wii -1 iPod nano (2-1g)(1-3g)    -1 Sega Genisis -2 NES                             -1 Atari Lynx -1 Gameboy micro

Offline pinoyballa

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2008, 05:42:02 PM »
way to bump a really old topic, but yeah it is easy to do.

Offline perkasetmuncher

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 10:35:15 AM »
If you have a d2c or newer drive chip you could invest in buying a d2ckey with a wii-clip.  super easy to install!! you could even buy the d2ckey with wii-clip preinstalled! just open the wii, locate drive chip, push in the wii-clip and your done!

I have been looking for the d2ckey with wii-clip preinstalled. So please point me in the right direction to buy this and I am in the US. I would really appreciate it.

Offline redryno1221

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Redrynotuts
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2008, 12:30:22 PM »
there is a way to play legally backed up games without chipping your wii. It was started by waninkoko(wii.waninkoko.info) but he stopped working on the public release due to it being leaked. Usbgecko has also introduced their own iso loader.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal