Author Topic: 4.00 M33 Soon to be released  (Read 2348 times)

Offline DUKE

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
4.00 M33 Soon to be released
« on: June 21, 2008, 10:48:40 AM »
The M33 team had announced his return for the release of firmware 4.00. Far from imagine, as we all do, that this would be so little news.

Anyway, it would appear that the master has returned to work and that the Custom firmware 4.00 in M33 is made available soon.

In the news announced, in addition to the support of firmware 4.00, it would appear that a new Recovery is brand new to the program. Nothing more was filtered and perhaps even that novelty will be kept for a more "major" firmware of the PSP.

The new Custom Firmware 4.00 from Team M33 is on the road but is there any more than the previous release?

It is a good question and the future of Custom Firmware Dark_Alex could contain two new interesting features. In any case, if this point is for this version, these two innovations are being developed and should see the day, sooner or later.

A new recovery menu:
There will be a brand new recovery menu, much like the one in 3.95 GEN, which will hopefully enable you to change recovery setting whilst on the XMB menu.

A "savestate" is under development.
For those who do not know, this is a feature that will save the whole contents of the RAM in a file in order to resume a game or application in exactly the same state that it was when you turned the console off, much like the hibernate function in Windows.

The 1.50 kernel will probably be abandoned.
It is also possible that the 1.50 Kernel will be finally abandoned and that developers are forced to adapt ALL Homebrews to the kernel 3.x/4.x.

These two new features are currently under development and may make an appearance in an upcoming firmware by Dark_AleX, the 1.50 kernel however may also be removed.

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
Re: 4.00 M33 Soon to be released
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 12:11:23 PM »
the savestate thing sounds interesting, but I hope he does abandon the 1.50 kernel and make everyone adapt to the 3.xx/4.xx one, it's so annoying trying to find stuff for the slim only to discover it's 1.50 kernel based.

Offline K4P741N KRUNCH

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Hackin the PSP since day 1!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 01:12:18 PM »
I was wondering why savestates didn't already exist, if we can dump the flash we could dump the ram.
A pirates life for me
We won't go quietly!!

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 02:12:03 PM »
awsome those features sound really kwl

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline pax

• CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Sig and Avatar by INDYCHASE
    • GAMING LAGOON - Join now for free prizes
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 02:19:44 PM »
that actually sounds good, maybe i will update to 4.00m33, because when i looked at sony's changelog and only saw two updates i was pretty pissed. but i hope he doesn't lose the 1.50 kernal, what would i do without DGEN (sega emulator) :cry2:

Guppy > Chief Squatting Hard > 1/2 Pint > Fart Sniffer > Tone Deff > Motor Mouth > Allumnist > King of the Wii-tards > Who Farted > Poker Champ > Chaos Lover > Bomb Maker > CyberPyrot Wannabe

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 02:31:06 PM »
they will have to lose the 1.50 support at one point. it's a shame as most of the progammes out noe only run on the kernal, but it will happen. plus homebrew like dgen and other are now running on 3.xx. why use an outdated firmware kernal when we can start using the newer and better 3.xx and now 4.xx. sure it will take time for homebrewers to get used to this but in the end it will be worth while.

Offline pax

• CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Sig and Avatar by INDYCHASE
    • GAMING LAGOON - Join now for free prizes
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 03:40:29 PM »
they will have to lose the 1.50 support at one point. it's a shame as most of the progammes out noe only run on the kernal, but it will happen. plus homebrew like dgen and other are now running on 3.xx. why use an outdated firmware kernal when we can start using the newer and better 3.xx and now 4.xx. sure it will take time for homebrewers to get used to this but in the end it will be worth while.

wait what? DGEN works on 3.xx kernal? i didnt know i thought it only worked on 1.50 kernal. i jus put it in the game150 folder

Guppy > Chief Squatting Hard > 1/2 Pint > Fart Sniffer > Tone Deff > Motor Mouth > Allumnist > King of the Wii-tards > Who Farted > Poker Champ > Chaos Lover > Bomb Maker > CyberPyrot Wannabe

VoX

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2008, 05:41:25 PM »
AWESOME!, Now I will be able to Google search in my XMB!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal