Author Topic: ummm uh-oh, what did i do?!  (Read 6466 times)

Offline viperfan91

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • WindowtotheMagic
ummm uh-oh, what did i do?!
« on: November 29, 2007, 08:58:47 PM »
i just got my tri-wing screw driver in the mail and so i took apart my DS lite. i put it all back together in the right spots and went to turn it on and the power light comes on, the bottom screen flashes and then it shuts off.

i putt everything back. What could i have done? please help. :beg: :beg:
"What weighs six ounces, sits in a tree, and is very dangerous?"
"I don't know what?"
"A sparrow with a machine gun."
"Yes, of course."

Offline Joboman

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: ummm uh-oh, what did i do?!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 09:20:21 PM »
this has never happened to me, but from what I have read, you're fuse has blown. search google for more information on how to fix this.

Offline rocky

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 10:12:50 PM »
No I would say its not your fuse its your top screen ribbon cable.  make sure its plugged in all the way into the motherboard.

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 10:22:21 PM »
also check the wifi cable.

to turn on your DSLite must have the top and bottom screens plugged in and the wifi cable and the battery (der)

Offline rocky

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 10:33:06 PM »
also check the wifi cable.

to turn on your DSLite must have the top and bottom screens plugged in and the wifi cable and the battery (der)

No actually you dont need the wifi cable plugged in.  You do need the bios plugged in which is where the wifi cable plugs into

Offline Joboman

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 11:08:11 PM »
ahhhhh first time i try to help someone, i'm wrong! my bad +o(

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 11:09:22 PM »
yeah i just meant that whole set, i should've probably rephrased it :P

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 04:03:47 AM »
Lol, yah it can't be the wifi cable, or the top screen ribbon cable, since he mentions the BOTTOM screen turning on and flashing then turning off. When it happened to me ( by it I mean leaving the top ribbon off), I was able to use the bottom screen but the top screen stayed white the whole time. Don't known much about blowing a fuse, but it sounds like that just happened.

(Note: Not trying to be a smartyass with what I'm saying there, just in case someone is gonna come up and be like "0h y34h! Why d0n't J00 f1x 1t??1?1?1?1?!!!?!?!)
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline Calamityx1

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 07:44:41 PM »
I have the same problem. I just bought a new case for my DS, and once I finished putting everything together, the bottom screen turned on, while the top didn't, it just just off instantly. Once I opened it up, I tried reconnecting the wire to the mother board several times. And most times when I press against the wire, the top screen turns on, so I'm not sure if it's a fuse blowing or not but I doubt it.

Somebody please help.

Offline viperfan91

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • WindowtotheMagic
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 09:59:44 PM »
ok so basically unless gives us precise info on how to fix we should just make sure everything is plugged in. right?

its kind of an ID10T issue but hey if it works. LOL
"I don't know what?"
"Yes, of course."

Offline viperfan91

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • WindowtotheMagic
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2007, 10:51:38 PM »
ok so this is a good trick. i was messing around with my ds and it seemed to turn on and stay on. so i carefully put everything together and tried it........now the top screen flashes an the system turns off
"I don't know what?"
"Yes, of course."

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2007, 08:15:11 AM »
Well.... you got the top screen to work, but I'm still guessing you bricked it or blew a fuse.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline rocky

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2007, 10:39:48 AM »
ahhhhh first time i try to help someone, i'm wrong! my bad +o(
well your not necessarily wrong but im just saying its more likely to be the ribbon cables

its possible its the fuse but I would check the ribbons one more time before trying to bridge them

Offline Calamityx1

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2007, 05:01:53 PM »
Bump, I still haven't been able to fix this.

Offline Fe1ipe

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2007, 07:47:28 AM »
same thing happened to my ds phat..i bridged 2 fuses..now it charges..but still won't turn on.

Offline The End of A Heartache

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2007, 10:53:43 PM »
sounds to me like a burned out mini chips...did you make sure your body or hands were grounded? the body creates small static charges..not enough to shock unless you add more kenatic (yes i know i spelled it wrong i havent had sleep yet) energy....but it is enough to burn out any static sensative chips...i had the same problem when i was working on my old laptop... i was changing the 15 lcd screen for a 15 plasma screen.. i forgot to discharge the static electricity and i ended up blowing what was a 400 dallor screen under 5 mintues flat -.-....

b.t.w. an easy way to discharge is simply touching a metal object like a door nob,sheet metal,etc..or placing the ds on a wooden table sence wood doesnt hold a charge unless it has been polished or full of dust..dust also holds a small amount of charge (hence why it sticks onto polished funiture so easily)

or...

it could be a broken wire...sence the wire guadge is small i think its a size 13 O.o....anyways it has a tendency to break inside......causing a break of electricity.....if you know how to soilder you can simply replace the wire and test it out..sence i dont have any wires that can be usefull -.- it seems i can not preform this on my own............

(yes i know this wasnt usefull in help fix the problem..this is how ever usefull in causing the problem again.....sorry for not having any topic helpful information)
...emo freak out! >.< ........

random is fun

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2007, 07:02:36 AM »
ok, guys, check the battrey conneters, those I found often come out of place, if those arnt in, the Ds wont power
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal