Author Topic: chotto shot cam brainstorming, and various related ideas. *UPDATED*  (Read 3358 times)

Offline mav3r1ck

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • snoochy boochy's!
ok, i have a few neat ideas to kick around about the camera function in conjunction with other mods.

first of all, if i were to do the internal camera mod, is it absolutely necessary that i use the chotto shot cam? why not a 3megapixel?

also, any ideas where i could put an led light with a push button for on/off function for video recording and what not, or to just be a neat lil flashlight lol. it would be a fairly bright led, so some ideas on how i could soften the bright led or something so that im not blinding people as im recording would be nice

second, i had an idea, i see a few usb based mods id like to use in conjunction with one another, or at least in alternation. so i looked at my old kodak camera and thought, "wait, that has a mode switch on it..." so im thinking that if say i wanted to install the cam mod, and the hdd mod when it came out with a tut, then how could i make that switch mods? maybe something like my camera switches between modes like, video, pictures, and review, thatd be neat! but the switch doesnt seem suitable for my tasks, any ideas there???

also, does anyone know if the hdd mod will require a 1.8" hard drive? or could i use my 2.5" hdd? also, if i could use my 2.5" then could i take an ipod battery to it for a power supply???

input on any of this would be greatly appreciated.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 12:10:11 AM by mav3r1ck »
"believe nothing. no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if i have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Buddha

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
    • 13xic0n administrator\owner
Re: chotto shot cam brainstorming, and various related ideas.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 01:35:55 AM »
Well you have lots of questions throughout the psp section. but as far as the HDD mod you need an ipod because you need to boot up ipodlinux then run the usb host. but you need the VNC1L or the VDIP1 not sure witch one was used but you need this in between the ipod and the psp to comunicate.
Well if you want to add a switch to the HDD and the cam it wouldnt be that hard and it would work. they both hook up to the usb and just putting a switch wouldn't do any harm.

Offline Rory

• ZOMG, A Deda!!!!!
  • Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Eyy lmao
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 12:17:15 PM »
^^Do you know that for sure?

If not then stfu.

Dont give people your opinions.
PvP will release a tut when he is ready for people to know. He is a busy guy.
Quote from: IndyChav
I think that the king of spam should be immune to the punishment for posting spam everywhere, so post away Rory :tup:
Quote from: FreeK
couldnt of said it any better.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 02:13:32 PM »
If I see one more thread asking about using other cameras I'll sicking Fufa or Deda on you! STOP! USE THE :censored:EN SEARCH BUTTON!!!
BUT, in responce to the question, NO you can't use any other cameras!!!!
And about the hdd,if you want internal, the smaller the better obviously. And you don't HAVE to have an external power supply,but if you were to use one, I'm pretty sure iPod would work.

Offline mav3r1ck

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • snoochy boochy's!
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 11:09:56 PM »
sorry pspkicks, i thought maybe it would be a better idea to ask instead of reading something, it not being clear enough on some minut detail, and thus having to write this anyways, but your right, i should have searched first.

also, what kind of switch wouldnt look funny on my psp? cuz im thinking of adding it onto the back of the umd door, and i dunno how i would put this switch from my kodak onto my psp, any suggestions.

also, yes i understand that i need the parts and ipod drive is preferrable, 1.8" drive with 80GB?  :tup: :dribble:

and yea, ive been posting alot, but none of its really spam i dont think, is it? im just really curious and wanting to learn things i can and cant do before i crack open my psp "knowledge is power" and all that, you know?
------
Edit:
btw gameking, the vdip1 is a chip on the vnc1l, or vis versa, cant really remember, but i looked it up in another topic.

Pspkicks: Don't double post use the edit button.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 12:39:53 PM by pspkicks316 »
"believe nothing. no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if i have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Buddha

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
Re: chotto shot cam brainstorming, and various related ideas. *UPDATED*
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 08:35:04 AM »
Do not double post, edit your previous one.
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

Offline Korlithiel

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 05:55:25 PM »
This could be interesting, I've had the same thought before but I don't think I am willing to lose my UMD drive.

As for a place to put a button, why not on the side of the PSP? Unlike on the back your not too likely to push the button all the time and when playing with your PSP you would cover it so if it is a bright LED it shouldn't matter as much.

Offline mav3r1ck

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • snoochy boochy's!
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 06:52:04 PM »
well, i was thinking along the top somewheres, connect a power source and voila!lighted camera! good for night shots ;) also a handy dandy flashlight lol

im more than willing to lose my umd drive, i N E V E R use it.

Buddha

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 10:47:04 PM »
where on the top do you have a slim or fat. if you have a fat where are you going to fit the switch. a lite would be cool i admit. a little flashlite sweet.good luck keep up you investigation.

Offline mav3r1ck

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • snoochy boochy's!
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 12:58:57 AM »
i own a phat. i could probably take a switch from a maglight, you know a lil pushdown switch, unless radioshack has a smaller more space friendly button that is

maybe a screw in thing for where you would normally put in the chotto shot cam, that is where the power comes from right? or am i sadly mistaken? also, im thinking of doing an external speaker mod, sort of...... thinking of taking the speakers from my nyko stereo experiance case, and installing the on the umd door somehow, porbably just hotglue the in, hook up a proper ic for sound boosting, i can probably find that part on the circuit board of the nyko case too now that i think about it....hhhmmmm, any ideas?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 01:05:13 AM by mav3r1ck »

Buddha

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 01:20:31 PM »
okay that sound better using a push button the other way i think was too bulky. external spec thats not bad if you can make them look good.

Offline mav3r1ck

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • snoochy boochy's!
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2008, 10:59:20 PM »
yea, im thinking something like a small circuit, an extra bright led, with a piece of clear plastic with some sort of surface to soften the light a lil, with a resistor to keep from burning anything out.

also, if i decide to do the ext. speaker mod, ill use the speakers i ripped from my nyko stereo case. also, ill add a wire mesh cover over the speakers to protect them, theyll be added into the umd door if anywheres, i holding out for the hdd mod that pvp is working on though, so imma need all the room i can spare lol. ill have to use a 2.5" hdd for it if i do, i have a spare 120GB sitting around so, yea.

also, im trying to figure out how to do an internal bluetooth that keeps my headset controls working (play, pause, etc.) but i need a proper bt adapter to strip to do that with.

also, ive been looking and if im going to do the hdd mod, and the internal bluetooth, and then put in an extra battery to prolong the life with all the extra power being ran, then ill probably need to expand the umd door somehow, maybe take a spare umd door i have, stack it on top of this door, and cut out the excess door, thus, a thicker door! that might be enough space, dunno yet though.

Buddha

Offline mav3r1ck

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • snoochy boochy's!
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2008, 11:17:04 PM »
*bump* cmon guys, i could use a lil input on these things, any suggestions? im going to release thes mods to the site when there done, at least pics, cuz some/ or most are from other people.

Buddha

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal