Author Topic: Sony 8G MSPD: transfer size restriction???  (Read 1307 times)

Offline metalfreak187

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
Sony 8G MSPD: transfer size restriction???
« on: January 18, 2008, 08:57:47 PM »
Hi, i bought a 8G MSPD off ebay, and when i went to start transferring files to it, a bunch of my files came back scrambled and i couldn't delete them, i had to format and start over.  After i tried to make this work for about four hours, i decided it was junk, and wrote the seller to request a refund...this is what i received back: 

Works with PSP & PSP SLIM (firmware2.8 or above) and with PS3 . SOME VAIO , DELL LAPTOPS SOMETIMES NEEDS HIGH-CAPACITY CARD READER TO BE VISIBLE IN YOUR PC OR YOU MAY CONNECT YOUR DEVICE WITH PC THRU USB CABLE (ALWAYS WORKS-TESTED), The file system incorporated in the Memory Stick SOMETIMES limits the capacity of a file to be recorded or played back to less than 4GB. MAKE SURE YOUR FILES ARE DOWNLOADED ALL IN THE SAME FORMAT AND WITH NO VIRUSES TO AVOID CORRUPTED DATA AND Data over 128MB cannot be recorded in a single session. Scan all internet files for viruses *Transfer and playback of secured music on Memory Stick PRO Duo media (e.g. music purchased from online music services) is not currently possible. See your device manufacturer updated compatibility information. This media does support the playback of unsecured MP3 music files. PEG-NX60 , PEG-NX70V , PEG-NX73V , PEG-NX80V , PEG-NX90 and PEG-TG50 require downloading the Memory Stick PRO System Update. Please check with your device manufacturer.8GB memory stick fits 2,508 jpg (7MP/fine model) photo (1), 19h 20min. by MPEG-4 AVC format (2), 139h audio (128kbps) format (2) Disclaimer: (1) Number of photos recorded using a cyber-shot 2007models. Number of recorded images may vary based on device. (2) Recording time caries depending on the device.Please check that your device is compatible with media before purchasing. Recorded data might be lost or damaged when used with a device that is not compatible with media. Refer to the instruction manual of each product or device used.Recording time may vary depending on the device used, codec and music software.When converting a file using "Image Converter 3 ver.3.1", the maximum recording time available per file on your computer is 390 minutes. (160 minutes in 3000kbps).

Has anyone ever even heard of this?  I have about nine or ten MSPDs, Sony brand and generic, ranging from 256MB to 4G, and I have never had a single file scrambled, nor had any problem transferring ANY files, even some that may take up 2 or 3 gig.  I have never heard anything about a transfer size restriction, and i have searched several forums and found nothing on this topic...
And furthermore, why would Sony do such a thing?  128MB?!  Almost EVERY file i have that i would transfer to an 8G memstick is OVER 128MB, thats why i wanted one in the first place.  So why would sony put out a product that is about 85% USELESS?!  The only thing i could possibly fit on this card, if indeed that is the problem, are the things that take up NO SPACE AT ALL, which totally negates my need for it.  Could someone please give me some insight on this little situation?  Has anyone ever heard of this or had this problem with a memstick?  Plz help!

-BMFC

Offline psp339

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Sony 8G MSPD: transfer size restriction???
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 09:01:32 PM »
Its a fake.

Offline ra1n

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • I'm not like other girls ^_^
Re: Sony 8G MSPD: transfer size restriction???
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 09:12:45 PM »
Sorry to tell ya
But you got screwed  :sadno:

getting old is mandatory growing up is optional.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal