Author Topic: broken ds lite power switch  (Read 4513 times)

Offline flux702

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
broken ds lite power switch
« on: February 04, 2008, 07:35:50 PM »
does any one know how to replace the power switch in the ds lite. i broke mine while modding it :sadno:. any help would be much appreciated.

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: broken ds lite power switch
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 08:22:32 PM »
You could that OR, get yourself a tactile switch, like a little button that has 2-4 points. Find the right ends, and connect one to the pwsw point on ur ds motherboard, and the other to any of the pins on the broken power switch. I did this already and it worked nicely, you just have to find a place to put it, a good one is either in the top part of the DS, on the other side of the wifi board, there's enough empty space to have it there and keep the ds tight, or above the ABXY buttons. I bought the power switch and it worked, but you need some good soldering skills, by that I mean to remove the powerswitch without ripping the traces out. If you need anymore help on it, PM me ^_^
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline prettierwendead

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • You Are My Living Legend
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 01:48:47 PM »
or you could do the reed switch mod which is also very cool and great for showing off

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 02:46:19 PM »
Hmmmm I still got confused to how it works, if anything I'll buy a reedswitch if it does the thing that I think it does (which would be turning the DS on with a magnetic field basically, or a disturbance in it.)
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 03:34:22 PM »
yes thats exactly how they work, there are two metallic plates in a glass bulb when magnitised they pull together because the are so close

I explain all of that in the opening of my tutorial

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=13499.0

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 03:46:40 PM »
Yeah I saw it, thanks for the info, might try this out sometime soon :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal