Author Topic: Skilled? Lucky? Both?  (Read 1126 times)

Offline IceCold

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Skilled? Lucky? Both?
« on: February 07, 2008, 05:08:33 PM »
Wow, Where to begin! Well, The other day CatB50 (Thank you much Cat  :winker:) had helped me mod my PSP. We had made the Magic Memory Stick. Now, It was time to get into the battery. I had been cutting into the battery with a utility knife. And upon doing so I did see slight smoke, Although I pulled the knife out as fast as I could. Popped it back in the psp and it still worked fine. Then, I continued to cut into it until it was open. Then after getting into it (It's a Phat battery) I realized that the board was at the top. Instead of the larger board which is more commin in fats. Then stupid me, I was using a push pin, and my soldering iron to "lift" the pin/desolder it from the board rather than break it off. I had stuck the push pin behind the pin and it had sparked and I felt a jolt in my hand. I'm like :censored: I think I had short circuited it. Well, I had proceeded to desolder the pin. Popped the battery in and nothing. I was aww :censored: I fried it. Then I sat thinking, And I was like well I wonder what will happen if I put the battery in while it's on. And, the power light turned amber. WAIT A MINUTE!! It's taking a charge! I get i let it charge. Install CFW. Then, I go to solder the pin back down and realize that the pin had actually broken off of the eeprom. Once again i'm like aww :censored:. Upon further investigation I had realized that there was roughly a hair sticking out of the eeprom. I had tinned the tip of my soldering iron and left extra solder on the tip instead of actually trying to old a piece of solder. Well, Upon playing Bob Marley's - Everything's gunna be alright, I had proceeded to solder it. Popped it back in to the PSP, And to full surprise, It works, just like I had never modded it (only way to tell of course is to look at the battery.) So you tell me, Am I Skilled? Lucky? Or a little of both?  :drunk:

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
Re: Skilled? Lucky? Both?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 09:58:27 PM »
Wow, your really lucky.

Offline Thorax

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: Skilled? Lucky? Both?
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 02:20:43 PM »
Not so sure your $K!LL3D :winker: but definatly lucky. Good job :tup:.

P.S. This is the software section. Your post should have gone in the Pandora section or the main PSP section. But that is a pretty sweet story.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal