Author Topic: NES / SNES Controller on DS Lite ?  (Read 1331 times)

Offline hackint0sh

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
NES / SNES Controller on DS Lite ?
« on: March 24, 2008, 07:25:17 PM »
Hello,

this is my first post on acidmods. I like this page, so I had to register  :winker:

Now, I'd like to know, if it is possible to plug in an old NES or SNES Controller, but I mostly like the NES Controller, because it's more handy..    :laughing:

Is it possible ?

Are there any controllers specially made for the ds (lite) ? or what about the gba or gameboy micro ?

I'm portable gamer (at home I have all I need, and it's still growing  :laughing: ) but a controller on those consoles would be very great.

Sorry, if there already is a thread like this.. because I'm new to this page ..

And at last, sorry for my bad English, cause I'm German and I live there  :dntknw:

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: NES / SNES Controller on DS Lite ?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 08:14:13 PM »
Alright a few things mate:
WELCOME TO ACIDMODS! :)
I've thought about this for a while. The only idea that hits me is to try to get the buttons to somehow get rewired from the ds lite, to the GBA slot, and straight to the controller from there.

From what I know, the only controller(s) made for the lite are just 2 that I know of. The spinning knob thing (I think famicon or something) , and the Guitar hero controller coming in a few  months :D

Meh you should see how many people say they have bad english. Meh you shouldn't worry, like 2/3's of our active members aren't from the states :D.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: NES / SNES Controller on DS Lite ?
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 01:31:43 AM »
its very easilly possible, you would have to install mini usb ports in your ds and wire those to the buttons you want in the ds with the ground and then do the respective soldering in the nes controller

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal