Author Topic: Looking to Mod My PSP  (Read 1795 times)

Offline OmegaNemesis28

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • The Nemesis Project
    • =[LSS]= Last Standing Soldiers Clan
Looking to Mod My PSP
« on: March 31, 2008, 04:24:45 PM »
Well, for my slim PSP... I wish to do some modificiations and let me state the fact right away - Im completely new to the whole modding of the PSP as far as it goes in terms of the outside the firmware of the PSP.

The first thing I really wish to do is to replace the housing (shell, casing, w/e you may call it) to my SlimPSP because its not only scratched up but damaged. I didn't like the feel of the Slim's casing to begin with because it was all glossy really.

I knowticed some really cool LED mods but, before I question how to do so - I have other questions like if it effects the battery enough to reduce the ammount of useage?

I also want to replace the D Panel and maybe the Triangle/O/X/Square buttons too as they seem to feel "sticky" almost.

And, last but not least, there is 1 pixel in the screen that appears to be dead. Should I really go ahead and replace the LCD just for that 1 pixel?

Offline P3nnyw1se

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • AcidMaG
    • Myspace
Re: Looking to Mod My PSP
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 05:30:01 PM »
1.Replacing housing is simple, there's a slim PSP teardown tutorial on here somewhere...search for it =D
2.  Look through the tutorials for the LED Mods, I'd STRONGLY recommend practicing soldering onto some very tiny pins, via's, resistors on a spare junk board you may have before attempting this!  It drains the battery by a small amount.
3.  Try cleaning the buttons and pads with rubbing alcohol, that should remove any stickiness
4.  I personally don't think it's worth replacing the LCD for one dead pixel, they cost around $40 last time I checked...but that's just my opinion.

Hope this helped a little bit!

Offline OmegaNemesis28

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • The Nemesis Project
    • =[LSS]= Last Standing Soldiers Clan
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 05:38:17 PM »
1.Replacing housing is simple, there's a slim PSP teardown tutorial on here somewhere...search for it =D
2.  Look through the tutorials for the LED Mods, I'd STRONGLY recommend practicing soldering onto some very tiny pins, via's, resistors on a spare junk board you may have before attempting this!  It drains the battery by a small amount.
3.  Try cleaning the buttons and pads with rubbing alcohol, that should remove any stickiness
4.  I personally don't think it's worth replacing the LCD for one dead pixel, they cost around $40 last time I checked...but that's just my opinion.

Hope this helped a little bit!

Well, I was able to mod my X-Fi Sound Card on my PC so I should be able to do soldering with no problem, very tiny oamps.
I will probably look to replace the buttons because there are some cool ones I see floating around, if I dont find any of my liking - I'll go ahead and clean them.

Thanks for your help.

One last question would be where to find housings to buy online. I looked at Coolmods but they didnt seem to have many.

Offline P3nnyw1se

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • AcidMaG
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 06:45:47 PM »
You could try Deal Xtreme...very slow shipping though, I'd ask a few other people about it though, I don't know of many places that sell full housing....x.x

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
    • 13xic0n administrator\owner
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 10:03:33 PM »
how slow is the shipping at deal xtreme as far as if i wanted to get a replacement screen and face plate. I know the screens are sold ot but how long would the back order take?

Offline anthonyta

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 10:24:27 PM »
you could always sell your lcd to somebody that needs it (maybe they broke theres) then buy a new one. but as far as i know theres no new ones yet? just replacement ones that were probably used

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal