Author Topic: couple of led questions  (Read 1128 times)

Offline griff

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
couple of led questions
« on: April 22, 2008, 09:59:48 AM »
just been practicing my soldering,i soldered a 0603 led to two bits of wire,then thought i know i'll check it,i stuck the other ends of the wire to each end of a 1.5v AA batt.now i got a very small red light come on in the led(they are red leds)
does this sound ok,once wired into the psp should they be ok.(don't want to glue it into the trigger etc to find it doesn't work)

also does anyone have the pic of where to wire onto the powerboard for the hold function cause i just searched the tut on how to an it tells me it's unavaliable.if anyone else has the pic i'd appreciate it.

thank you

edit......erm just seem todays post on all the pin outs an stuff so never mind about the hold bit-cheers.... :clap:
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 10:04:55 AM by griff »

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: couple of led questions
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 10:04:43 AM »
yes ur led prob works a AA isnt strong enoughf to power 603as for hold button use search function its on this site several times and i wana say in the button pin out post under this one

Offline griff

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 10:07:50 AM »
lol ok thanks-you must have posted as i was editing my first post-i searched but didn't think to check the recent posts-ie todays-live an learn eh.

will begin full fitting of the mod tomorrow  :clap:

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 04:30:16 PM »
yea lol cas a AA is 1.5v and 0603 is for depending on the led between about 3-3.6v so i wouldn't be surprised if the led didn't light up at all on the AA :tup: yes it should work fine in psp
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 04:51:55 PM »
use a 9v battery  :tup:

Offline everlasting_will

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • BEPSP
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 03:21:39 AM »
use a 9v battery  :tup:

Heheehe, but put some resistors, other way you will burn up the leds (I tried it one day to see what happened, the smelling of a burned led is terrible). You could put a resistor of 200 ohm between the battery and the leds.
Another way to test them (the way I normally use) is with a USB cable (for example a cable for charging whatever via usb) connected to a computer with a resistor of around 50 ohm.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 03:44:22 AM by everlasting_will »
First Be then PSP !!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal