Author Topic: Questions about casemod screen covers  (Read 1675 times)

Offline LocalToast

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • DS Hacker, Modder-to-be
    • LocalToast's DS Hacks
Questions about casemod screen covers
« on: May 20, 2008, 06:50:55 PM »
Hi again, (can't stop asking questions, you guys are too helpful :clap: )

With casemods that come with screen covers (protecting the LCD's obviously), that they are somewhat cheap and are low-quality and scratch easily. Is this generally true? I'm also wondering, is it possible for me to use an official Nintendo screen cover with a casemod? I don't see any problem with this, as it is just a different, probably more sturdy plastic, while retaining the same shape.

I heard that custom cases have screen covers, but no way to adhere them to the screen. How do you attach these?

Thanks a bunch,

- LocalToast
My Stuff:
- 1 Unmodded DS Phat, original
- 1 Onyx DS Lite, broken power switch
- 1 Coral Pink DS Lite, under repairs. To be for sale later

Offline P3nnyw1se

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • AcidMaG
    • Myspace
Re: Questions about casemod screen covers
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 07:05:20 PM »
Some of them are low quality and do scratch easily, but it can't be helped.  Either way it's going to happen.  Personally, I would put in the extra money to get the official ones if they use better material.  As for adhesive, they come with a sticky side, if not, then they're not ment to be screen protectors.  Hope I helped a little! :tup:

Offline LocalToast

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • LocalToast's DS Hacks
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 08:13:56 PM »
Some of them are low quality and do scratch easily, but it can't be helped.  Either way it's going to happen.  Personally, I would put in the extra money to get the official ones if they use better material.  As for adhesive, they come with a sticky side, if not, then they're not ment to be screen protectors.  Hope I helped a little! :tup:

Just so we're on the same page... the screen protectors I'm referring to are the hard transparent plastic that goes inside the shell to secure/protect the LCD, not a screen protector you can buy in packs from Gamestop or something. Is this what you're talking about, because I wasn't quite sure I made myself clear in the opening post :P
My Stuff:

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 10:20:07 PM »
Yeah the way Ari said it, it sounded like he meant the other ones, but I dunno. Anyway if they don't have any adhesive, because mine did but so little that it would just fall out when I lifted the ds up with the screens down, then you should get some double sided tape,  and cut a thin piece and stick them in the sides, being careful that you don't get your LCD or any area in the screen viewable from the other side, because getting the sticky stuff out of there is a real pain in the arse.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline LocalToast

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • LocalToast's DS Hacks
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 11:22:46 AM »
Yeah, double-sided tape sounds good. Much safer than glue, which I was almost thinking of. :fear:
My Stuff:

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 12:10:31 PM »
LOL, you might as well dip the screen in acid. Anyway just get some from a crafting store or something, and use thin pieces so it doesn't get on the clear parts of the screen.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal