Author Topic: GC controller on a psp help!!!  (Read 1191 times)

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
GC controller on a psp help!!!
« on: May 11, 2008, 07:36:10 AM »
i want to connect my minin GC controller to my psp i think it would be kool but
if connecting the controller is to hard i want to take the analogs from the GC controller and but them on the dpad and the X,O,^,[]

here is a pic

thank u P3nnywise for the sig
"See you have to understand the difference. The difference between me and you is to you, this is your job. To me, this is my life. The club; that's my job. The mall; that's my job. Your neighborhood; that's my job. This studio; this is my life. This is what I do better than anything."

VoX

Re: GC controller on a psp help!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 07:45:58 AM »
To solder from the Gamecube controller you are going to have work out the analogues work first and then solder from them to the X,O ect. buttons like you would with the Dual nubs mod

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 07:48:07 AM »
To solder from the Gamecube controller you are going to have work out the analogues work first and then solder from them to the X,O ect. buttons like you would with the Dual nubs mod

wat do u mean work out the analogues
like make them digital
and if yes how

"See you have to understand the difference. The difference between me and you is to you, this is your job. To me, this is my life. The club; that's my job. The mall; that's my job. Your neighborhood; that's my job. This studio; this is my life. This is what I do better than anything."

VoX

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 07:57:32 AM »
I mean how it registers a connection on the board. eg: An analogue stick can work by having a copper track in the shape of a circle and have a thumb stick on with copper on the end of that and when you move it it makes a connection with the copper circle and can determine the direction in which you are pushing the analogue

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 08:44:50 AM »
only the right analog need to be converted,the left one is analog and so is the nub on the psp,so thats fine,hooking one up to the dpad u have to convert the analog stick to digital...a digital stick XD XD XD,those plastic things on the sides of the analog stick are potentiometers also known as variable resistors,the further you push them up the more current is allowed through on that axis,the ps2 software interprets the change of current as you moving the analog stick,but dpad buttons are monetary switches,there is on and off,no in between (unless they're pressure sensitive...but psp ones arent so dont worry bout it),so you have to convert the analog stick to become 2 switches per axis,by cutting the trace in the potentiometers as shown in the wiki,you convert the potentiometers to switches,e.g left is square up is triangle etc. etc.,then you wire up the ground to the middle pin on the potentiometers and the poisitve of each button to its corresponding side on the potentiometer (you should b able to work it out yourself),thats it for my comprehensive explanation!when i was starting out modding zbblanton gave me an explanation like that which cleared everything up so i gots to return the favour or karma will bite my ass XD XD
Derp.

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 09:14:25 AM »
thank u for ur help i think i am getting this now
also does anyone know were the wiki for this is
i will look

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal