Author Topic: Two PSP LCD's connected to one PSP?  (Read 2788 times)

VoX

Two PSP LCD's connected to one PSP?
« on: May 11, 2008, 06:24:45 AM »
Just wondering if its possible to use two LCD screens that are connected to one PSP and run them simultaneously, or would this draw to much power. I plan to Piggy back the extra screen on by soldering to the back of the ZIF connector. I plan to try this in the near future (Tomorrow) and see how it goes

-Vox

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Two PSP LCD's connected to one PSP?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 06:52:20 AM »
maybe if u soldered 1 to one half of contacts and the rest to another screen then program psp to think the screen is 2 times as long as normal and have 2 screens with half the resoloution

VoX

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 06:57:35 AM »
maybe if u soldered 1 to one half of contacts and the rest to another screen then program psp to think the screen is 2 times as long as normal and have 2 screens with half the resoloution

Thats not how it works, the Pins of the LCD are all different (Excluding Ground), What you see is made up of the colours Red,Green and Blue which are all on separate pins (5,13,21 I believe) and if and LCD was made as you said then the ribbon cable would be :censored:ing huge (Around the world 10x?)

Offline 4dP

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Modder For Hire - AM Donator
    • Modder For Hire website Hire me
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 07:27:05 AM »
thinking of this i'm thing of having a switch between the two lcds so you can prolly mount the 2nd out side and attach the ground to the switch

PINOY AKO

VoX

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 07:38:31 AM »
thinking of this i'm thing of having a switch between the two lcds so you can prolly mount the 2nd out side and attach the ground to the switch

Yes, this could and probably will work. I guess we will see when I try, by the way I broke the damn ZIF connector on my PSP motherboard (Damn clip got jammed and it snapped of when it was trying to open it), I've ordered another one from Sparkfun, in the mean time I'll start soldering the wires to the PSP ribbon cable which is a hassel because the soldier doesn't stay on. I;ve all ready soldered on the Red, Green, Blue, Hysnc, Vsync, Clk, and Disp and pin 12

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 11:42:18 AM »
Why would you want two screens? where would you put them? i can understand the concept but where would you come across a situation where you would need them. plus, there would be more chance of busting one of them.

Offline T3KN1K4L

• Virtual Modder Development Slavedriver!
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Not Admin
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 11:57:54 AM »
Yes, it will work, I did this for a buddy of mine who wanted an extra screen on the back of his PSP...

Offline TaSlAyEr

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • i has a shovel lolz
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 01:29:22 PM »
Why would you want two screens? where would you put them? i can understand the concept but where would you come across a situation where you would need them. plus, there would be more chance of busting one of them.
lol maybe he wants to make one a touch screen lol pspds

Offline Gamer4life

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I will be a Gamer until i die.
    • my own site please join and be active
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 01:56:08 PM »
maybe u could make the 2 screens into a flip screen u know like whatshisname is doing but instead have the regular screen and then have the second screen flip up and down that would look cool

98% of teenage population has tried smoking pot if you're part of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this into your sig

VoX

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2008, 02:57:28 PM »
Its for more of a POC type thing, just to try and see if it works and then adapt it into some thing cool, I have an idea in mind that's pretty cool and might actually sell them if it works. You guy are just going to have to wait and see

Offline Z3ROmod

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2008, 09:04:20 PM »
wont power be an issue? not only the battery but the power to each screenyou would have to find a diff scource to the second monitor or you could get maby a pic to controll the secong monitor and maby have 1 screen show an XMB or irshell then the second show the game but that s alot of work are you up to it?

Offline Sgt Lovin

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • My PSP is Unmodded still :(
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2008, 09:35:33 PM »
there should be something that will let u switch on/off the LCD and change which one is on, like the backlight

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 12:38:08 AM »
making it run between 2 screens would be cool :tup:
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline T3KN1K4L

• Virtual Modder Development Slavedriver!
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Not Admin
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2008, 01:26:18 AM »
No power is not an issue since when installed it makes the second screen parallel circuit to the original...  As to being able to split the images between the two screens, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be possible, but if it is it would be a very intensive and hard mod...

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2008, 09:43:14 AM »
you would have to make a voltage regulator and amplifier to amplify the signal so two psp screens can run off it
Derp.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal