Author Topic: How to make LEDs turn off when controller is off...  (Read 1395 times)

Offline NineTwoFive

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
How to make LEDs turn off when controller is off...
« on: May 10, 2010, 07:02:02 PM »
I am looking for some help. How do you make LED's turn off when the controller is off? I need it for Matrix and CG2. CG works fine. The forward voltage on the LEDs I use is 4.2v. I have read the sticked topic RDC talking about OptoCouplers. OptoCouplers isn't capable of handling the voltage of my LED's.

Any suggestions...? I would prefer something that doesn't need any external buttons or switches. But it would be fine if that is the only way.

Thanks.

Offline Brainstorm32

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: How to make LEDs turn off when controller is off...
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 07:56:09 PM »
You could put a switch in your controller or use a transistor to use to control to voltage and make the leds shut off. You won't be able to use a momentary switch though. A slider will work a rocker switch, toggle switch will work also. There is ton of infor out there to get you in the right direction.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 04:17:45 AM »
Fail, if your FW is 4.2 you dont have to worry about turning them off in any controller due to the fact that the controller max output is 3V your 4.2 leds will never light therefore you wont need to turn them off.

Offline NineTwoFive

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 03:20:11 PM »
Then I don't understand.
It works for CG. It DOESN'T work for Matrix, and CG2 though. Is it that I am using RGBs? I know the different colors have their different voltages. Is that why?

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 03:26:42 PM »
a 360 controller only runs at 3.0V max unlessits plugged in to the console because its powerd by 2x1.5v AA batteries

the supply point on the cg will turn on and offwith the pad.. but on matrix and cg2 it wont.. dunno why thats just how M$ made them.... to get that full 3V swithcing with the pad you'll need some form of octo thingy or a transistor but both of these things will draw from the overal 3V meaning thay wont be a bright.... the led may have a FW of 4.1 but will still light up a bit with only 3V.. there for will work on a pad just not as bright as it would on the full voltage....

Sigs made by Ken and blazin from the AM Art team cheers guys.....
Spurgurgle d.t com
"I'm kinda like a typo, not quite right, but most people still understand me"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal