Author Topic: LED help  (Read 2028 times)

Offline platinumc

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
LED help
« on: June 03, 2008, 05:02:29 PM »
alright the joke's on me... how the f do you solder those leds ?

i spent all my last money to buy iron, wires, smd's, resistors, etc etc.. (was planning to start modding, to earn some money to go to university lol)

but they r so f'ing small... i even bought a magnifier glass, but still, its like playing with ants (but smaller)

how im supposed to solder led-wire-resistor-wire-led-wire etc? do i need to use a telescope or sth?

help appreciated :P.

Offline joecrack57

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: LED help
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 05:19:21 PM »
i solder my wires and resistors to the led and look it came out good and i did the powerboard too and the only thing i messed upped on was the mobo  :cry2: just get some tape put the leds backwards grab some flux put some on the led and wires grab some solder put some on the leds and wire again and then put flux again on both thing then solder wires to leds it works, but i messed upped really bad  on the mobo have u seen my thread

VoX

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 05:21:25 PM »
Practice SMD soldering if you find it difficult. Is wire to resistor then wire to LED, this goes for all the LED's

Offline psp339

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 05:25:56 PM »

Offline gr8npwrfl

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ignorance is not fatal it can be cured
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 05:35:24 PM »
I use a microscope made for SMD work set at 20 power then rest hand and only use fingertips to move the iron.

I also have what looks like an alligator clip that allows me to grab and hold the resistors in place.

Offline platinumc

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 05:37:37 PM »
well basically i know what to do, and everything, but they are just sooooooooooo small ;)..

well ill be going to sleep, then to work, so ill cya ppl in 16 hours :D (and i have a fever lol)

atleast 13th is my last day lol :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal