Author Topic: [question]amplifying sound on mobo itself  (Read 1616 times)

Offline dxecuter

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
[question]amplifying sound on mobo itself
« on: May 24, 2008, 03:21:09 PM »
hi dear moders!
its just a lil question or suggestion of research about amplifying the sound of the psp from the mobo itself without using an amplifier chip, but ive been wondering this because i tought the sound got to be amplified already for the speakers and the earphones...
the thing is i think there is actually a chip that amplifies the sound on the mobo or the sound/wifi board......lol but before i can say anything (cuz i look like a noob) i need to understand where and how does the sound come out....just before the output or the speakers connections.....

*IF* there is actually an amplifying chip we could change the voltage input.....

but yea thats basically what i was thinking tell me if it looks ridiculous, if yes tell me why....cuz understanding how it works we could find something else^^

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: [question]amplifying sound on mobo itself
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 03:37:46 PM »
yhea there is an amp in the psp to make current strong enoughf to power speakers but its prob built into like the "sound chip" and putting extra current where its not supposed to be can ruin ur psp its simpler and less dangerous to take current and amp there are other audio amps other than lm386 prob one that can work with the high voltage input or make a circut with lm386 and caps to absorb extra noise

Offline dxecuter

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 03:46:46 PM »
yhea there is an amp in the psp to make current strong enoughf to power speakers but its prob built into like the "sound chip" and putting extra current where its not supposed to be can ruin ur psp its simpler and less dangerous to take current and amp there are other audio amps other than lm386 prob one that can work with the high voltage input or make a circut with lm386 and caps to absorb extra noise
oh ok,that teaches that not everything can be modified for the purpose it was made for...well thx alot ^^

Offline gr8npwrfl

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ignorance is not fatal it can be cured
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 10:03:26 PM »
Use a TDA7053a it is a stereo amp in a chip with all the proper filtering and bypass. You can even do base boost with it and it is designed to run from 3 to 15 volts.

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 10:19:21 PM »
Use a TDA7053a it is a stereo amp in a chip with all the proper filtering and bypass. You can even do base boost with it and it is designed to run from 3 to 15 volts.

kool i am going to get one and try it could u post a tut or something a lil more detailed

thank u P3nnywise for the sig
"See you have to understand the difference. The difference between me and you is to you, this is your job. To me, this is my life. The club; that's my job. The mall; that's my job. Your neighborhood; that's my job. This studio; this is my life. This is what I do better than anything."

Offline gr8npwrfl

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ignorance is not fatal it can be cured
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 07:57:46 AM »
will draw it up

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 12:08:40 AM »
wat ever u do don't amplify the stock speakers of u will blow the :censored: out of them, if u can wait i may be realesing somthing soon but due to cash issues it may take a while :tup:
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline dxecuter

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 09:58:22 AM »
wat ever u do don't amplify the stock speakers of u will blow the :censored: out of them, if u can wait i may be realesing somthing soon but due to cash issues it may take a while :tup:
LOL i will never do such a thing, i already got a bigger speaker that is connected to my mobo directly, and i can add up to 6v to, maybe the double of of the stock voltage...
but yea i'm waiting for your fantastic tut, i read about gr8npwrfl's future one and i'm waiting....thx alot^^
uummhhhh but i wonder one thing.....

using the tda..for the leds....will the leds are going to be less brighter when i use the lm386, because of the noise made by the lm386???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal