Author Topic: Help With Battery?  (Read 1526 times)

Offline IceCold

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Help With Battery?
« on: June 08, 2008, 12:11:59 PM »
Most of you have seen my previous post about the problems I had with my Pandora Battery, and it still worked. It was working flawlessly, but I realized that the battery would only last a few hours. Now, I plug in the power cord to charge it, and the amber light blinks on and off, sometimes it won't blink and the light wont show at all. Other time it will charge with the light not blinking at all. If I plug it in, turn it on, and pull the power cord, it'll stay on. But it doesn't want to see to turn on otherwise. Just wondering if there is a simple fix or if I need to buy a new battery. Thanks

Offline sprocketme2

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Help With Battery?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 12:48:57 PM »
Thats a really strange problem. Ive never encountered anything like that. That sounds like psp failure not battery but who knows.  :dntknw: Do any of your friends have a psp? Try the battery in their psp and if it happens in their psp then its the battery. Otherwise you may have a faulty mobo/powerboard. Does it always charge when you plug it in (just led having trouble) or does it have trouble charging as well?. If it charges as it should, with no problems, then you can narrow it down to the powerboard because the power jack conects to the motherboard not the powerboard.
My flickr profile: http://www.flickr.com/photos/47542734@N06/
Contains all my photos for public viewing

Offline IceCold

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 12:53:48 PM »
No one I know has a PSP. It doesn't always charge when plugged in. Because without the power in it, I'll hit the power button, it'll start to turn on, but within a few seconds it turns off. If I plug the power cord into it, it turns on no problem. This is why I think it's the battery. When it's on the picture of the battery on the top right is full and flashing, if I unplug the cord now it will stay on. But if I try to turn it on without the cord, it will sometimes work, and sometimes not. I think it might have something to do with the mother board on the battery. It was a regular battery, that I had made a Pandora out of then switched back. I think it's just the battery, I just had it on without the power cord, it was on for a little bit then just shut off...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 12:56:19 PM by IceCold »

Offline socomhacker239

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 02:42:11 PM »
wow that is weird but why would you need to charge the pandora seein as how it jus sits there an when u need to use it once in a while you use it for a maximum of 15min

Offline IceCold

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 02:48:17 PM »
I resoldered the pin back onto the motherboard for the battery to switch it back to normal. It did work but I think it's finally burnt out.

Offline afataldonkey

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 02:51:11 PM »
you probably bridged the pin you were soldering with a nearby pin on accident. if you did then your battery is fried. check to see that no solder is bridging the two pins.

Offline IceCold

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 02:58:56 PM »
Yes, It is touching the 2nd pin next to it, But it worked before....Why would it all of a sudden start acting up when it was working for a few months?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal