Author Topic: Best Buy warranty  (Read 1152 times)

Offline ultimaarashi

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
Best Buy warranty
« on: June 14, 2008, 05:51:00 AM »
Yea, just curious. I got this best buy warranty (Rather, I couldn't talk my parents out of buying it for me) After looking through, the only thing that I could think of that it covers is if the PSP spontaneously explodes before you turn it on.

Is that pretty much the extent of it, or does this warranty cover accidental damage?
See, I dropped my PSP and the speaker came out by accident (Not totally out - Just came out of the socket were it goes - I know this because sometimes the speaker comes back on when I shake it the right way). I can fix it myself, but then I'd ruin the serial, and thus void the warranty.

Thanks.

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
Re: Best Buy warranty
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 06:24:27 AM »
Not sure if the warranty would cover accidental damage, you would need to give the warranty company a call. It sounds like i lose connection, buy without opening the faceplace it would be impossibal tell be sure. it's up to you, if the warranty covers the damage then get it repaired, but you will have to send it away and probably have to wait 1-2 weeks for repair (most warrantys would rather repair than give to a strait out replacement). Or you can fix it yourself. there loads of info on opening a faceplate and where to locate the damaged part, should be pretty clear when you see it.

feel free to ask questions if your not sure and the people here will try too help the best they can.

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 07:09:36 AM »
f*ck the warranty, its a simple fix.
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

Offline afataldonkey

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 09:03:50 AM »
here is an easy fix. brick the psp, and return it to the store saying it wont work. or you can just return it to the store and say that the speaker wont work right. if they ask you if they dropped it say no. trust me it works all the time. i have the best buy warranty too and im probably on my 4th slim. you dont have to ship it anywhere just go get it exchanged at the store

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal