Author Topic: A few psp slim led / sound reaction questions  (Read 1173 times)

Offline Velocity

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
A few psp slim led / sound reaction questions
« on: June 27, 2008, 09:26:53 AM »
Hiya,

I have a few questions, as I'm completely new to this but if only I could see a clear way of explaining something, I will understand it. Now I want to add some LEDS in my psp, I've got a soundmod which was purchased at wiredinput and some prewired leds. I've looked at the tuts here but I am still confused!

I looked here but half the pictures are broken..

https://www.acidmods.com/Wiki/tiki-index.php?page=PSP%20Sound%20Mod

My soundmod has 8 pins, ,and then it says R2 303 and R1 1913
I'm guessing this is the resistors? Do I have to do anything to them?

Then i see sp- sp+ +5V LED and GND then theres a little hole next to it, do I just solder a red wire to each hole? How do I attach an LED light to it, I was told I could add 2 leds, well I've got 2 leds already prewired with a negative wire and positive wire, how do I attach it to the soundmod?

I think once I know what to do with the soundmod, I can solder it into my psp, but does anyone have any tips or anything to say?

The second part is that I want to install 4 0603 leds in the umd door. I have a clear case, so I think it'll stand out pretty well. Now, I don't have resistors for this, but how do they work? I understand how they work and all, but do I need one for each LED? Where do you solder it to?

I'd really like to get this done by me instead of getting someone else to do it, it just makes me feel like I accomplished something "hard".

Thanks a lot for reading, all your comments will be appreciated!

Offline 4dP

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Modder For Hire - AM Donator
    • Modder For Hire website Hire me
Re: A few psp slim led / sound reaction questions
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 09:49:43 AM »
the sound mod tut can help you even though you have the chip

you will first have to apply solder to the chip so you can solder the wire to each pad then you solder each pad to its designated point which can be seen by the label on the board

you solder the 2 led's negative to the negative or - point named on the chip not speaker- but the one label neg- and to the ground you'll be using and the pos+ of the led to the chip

solder the 5v to the point designated in the sound mod tut

you dont need to worry about hte resistor since you bought the pcb chip

you wont need resistors for the leds in the back if your using the same points for the other 2 leds

PINOY AKO

Offline Velocity

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: A few psp slim led / sound reaction questions
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 10:23:07 AM »
Edit:

Thanks 4dp, it gave me an idea, and nic0 gave me tricks in putting leds. Woohoo great community here. =)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 02:09:27 PM by Velocity »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal