Author Topic: Double battery in psp HELP!  (Read 3346 times)

Offline ZapAtYa

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Double battery in psp HELP!
« on: July 01, 2008, 10:21:02 PM »
Ok, first i want to thank you for reading this, so thanks.

i want to put my psp slim battery in the UMD slot, and then put a fat battery in the regular battery slot. the problem is, is that i need help with the wiring, and some other things.

this is my concept of how to wire it,and how it should look. i wanted to take the part from the fat psp, where the battery plugs into,(the thing with the 3 gold prongs)and put that into the back of the psp. from there i could wire it to the one on the slim, and plug both batteries in at the same time.

my first question is, what kind of whire”s” should i use to wire the plug in the slim to the fat plug, that i glued into the UMD slot? (i’m not technical in any way, so if u know what kind of whire i need please tell me the full name the price, and where to buy it.this goes for all other questions too.tks)

2nd question. how do i remove the the part with the 3 gold prongs from the psp fat mother board?

3rd. i dont understantd how the 3 gold prongs that go into the battery, turn into 2 wires on the back of the mother board, which then go into the charger slot. someone please explain it to me. very simply. thanks.

what would be the best way to align the wires and soulder them, so that they dont get into the way of the battery that i am going to put in the actual battery slot?

if i have this completely wired and assembled, wil both the batteries charge at the same time?

is there a better way to do this, and if so can you show me how.

are there any reasons that this may not work, like the batteries will interfere  with each othe, ore something like that?and how would i get around this?

also, this is off topic, but does any one know what those clear round circles that you put in the back of your UMD door, are called? if so can you tell me, and also where do you get them/can some one make one for me with my personal design on it? thanks.

once again please thoroughly  explain all your answers because if you don’t, i probably wont understand them.l

thanks.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 07:28:35 PM by ZapAtYa »

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
Re: Double battery in psp HELP!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 02:11:07 PM »
first try to host your file online instead of linking them directly to your computer (which won't work).
photobucket is a good place to host images

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 02:18:39 PM »
"wire" isnt "whire"

the only answer i know is, the clear ring is a dremeled out whole filled with usually plexiglass
or just not filled at all sometimes

you do know what a dremel is right?

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 02:46:33 PM »
the way you make it sound is that you are going to put this in a slim. The problem is that if you use two batteries at the same time there will be twice the voltage. This could be a problem as you could guess. I would suggest putting a switch in the system so you can switch between the two batteries. I'll put up a diagram to explain what I mean. Also the center wire of the three wires off of the battery is just a ground wire. Just solder the center prong of the plug for the second battery to the center prong of the origional one. I assume you will be taking out the umd drive to do this so it will give you plenty of space to work with. As far as the wire, any small wire you have should work. Like I said I'll post a diagram of how you could wire it up soon. Try posting your picture on photobicket or  another photo sharing site then putting a link to it on here.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline artyhacker2.0

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 04:01:15 PM »
you could just buy a 3600 MaH battery like mine you can plan over 12 hours. and its just 30-40 dollars  depends where you buy it .    :tup:

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 07:36:31 PM »
the way you make it sound is that you are going to put this in a slim. The problem is that if you use two batteries at the same time there will be twice the voltage. This could be a problem as you could guess. I would suggest putting a switch in the system so you can switch between the two batteries. I'll put up a diagram to explain what I mean. Also the center wire of the three wires off of the battery is just a ground wire. Just solder the center prong of the plug for the second battery to the center prong of the origional one. I assume you will be taking out the umd drive to do this so it will give you plenty of space to work with. As far as the wire, any small wire you have should work. Like I said I'll post a diagram of how you could wire it up soon. Try posting your picture on photobicket or  another photo sharing site then putting a link to it on here.

not really
if u need help pm me or hit me up on msn g_bored@sbcglobal.net or aim g2bored
i was going to do this but i stopped to do the controller mod
and when u hook up 2 batterys the voltage doesn't double unless u wire it up -   +   -   +

thank u P3nnywise for the sig
"See you have to understand the difference. The difference between me and you is to you, this is your job. To me, this is my life. The club; that's my job. The mall; that's my job. Your neighborhood; that's my job. This studio; this is my life. This is what I do better than anything."

Offline ZapAtYa

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 09:12:04 PM »
ok. thanks yall, for the help so far. like i said earlier im no expert at this, so when you say "wire them + - + -" i have no idea what you are talking about.sorry that im so dumb, but this is my first mod, so please do me a favor and explain things a little more,thanks.

yes, i do plan to remove the umd drive to do this, and i have a 2200 mAh psp fat battery, i didn't know they had a 3600 mAh battery. that would be awesom. can you please tell me where to get it. thanks.

another thing i don't have any wire laying around to do this mod with, so names brands and where to get the right set would be helpfull. thanks.

@dslitemodder: dude, i'm totally new to acid mods, and i dont know how to work the site that well yet, so could u explain how to do that, it would be helpfull. thanks.

@rceckspurt13: if you could post the diagram that would help too, and i'm not sure i understand what u mean. that middle prong is all i need to carry the current back and forth from battery to psp, and from psp to battery (for charging).

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 10:06:22 PM »
message me if u can

"See you have to understand the difference. The difference between me and you is to you, this is your job. To me, this is my life. The club; that's my job. The mall; that's my job. Your neighborhood; that's my job. This studio; this is my life. This is what I do better than anything."

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2008, 12:51:46 AM »
I'll get that diagram up as soon as I can so keep an eye out for it. Btw you will need all three wires from the battery. All I meant is that the center one is only a ground(-). It can be wired straight to the center pin on the original plug.  The diagram should explain it all. I'll also have a fesceiptio. Of all of what's in the diagram when I post it so it should be pretty straight foreward.

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2008, 07:45:32 AM »

use the bottom diagram that is how u get a longer battery life and same voltage

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2008, 03:23:30 PM »
OK here is the diagram i promised:

As you can see, the negative and ground wires are connected directly from one plug to the other while the positive wire is routed through a switch. With the switch in position 1, the psp is getting power from the battery in the battery compartment. When it is in position two, it is getting power from both batteries. I think it will charge both batteries at once while in position two but im not sure. If not then put the switch in position one and charge the battery in the battery compartment. Then when its done, remove the battery in the battery compartment, and put the switch in position two and it will charge the battery in the UMD area. Let me know what you think.

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility and will not be held responsible for anything that happens to your psp.

Offline artyhacker2.0

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2008, 07:31:11 PM »
ok. thanks yall, for the help so far. like i said earlier im no expert at this, so when you say "wire them + - + -" i have no idea what you are talking about.sorry that im so dumb, but this is my first mod, so please do me a favor and explain things a little more,thanks.

yes, i do plan to remove the umd drive to do this, and i have a 2200 mAh psp fat battery, i didn't know they had a 3600 mAh battery. that would be awesom. can you please tell me where to get it. thanks.

another thing i don't have any wire laying around to do this mod with, so names brands and where to get the right set would be helpfull. thanks.

@dslitemodder: dude, i'm totally new to acid mods, and i dont know how to work the site that well yet, so could u explain how to do that, it would be helpfull. thanks.

@rceckspurt13: if you could post the diagram that would help too, and i'm not sure i understand what u mean. that middle prong is all i need to carry the current back and forth from battery to psp, and from psp to battery (for charging).

It's a datel  battery model number Lb 2000

Offline ZapAtYa

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2008, 07:38:03 PM »
@rceckspurt13:

thanks so much for the diagram. i have 1 question though. Can i just skip the switch all together and just use 1 wire, that way i wont have to flip the swich all the time?
anyway thanks.

P.S. i added more to the original post, so if you didn't see it go check it, cuz i have a new idea i need help with.
tks again

@j.s2ghetto:

thanks for your diagram too, but i think that is how i originally planed to wire it. sorry it took so long to get the photo up, of what i meant. but if it's not please tell me what i am missing, and i'll look u up on AIM tomorrow, so watch for a new message by me.

thanks for all of both of your help in this, it really has helped, and please do check the new pic that i added to the thread, it may explain things a little better, and give you another thing to help me with. if you want.

thanks again.......again,
 -ZapAtYa-

Offline ZapAtYa

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2008, 07:39:02 PM »
@artyhacker2.0:
thanks dude.
-ZapAtYa-

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2008, 12:20:07 AM »
I think you can wire the plug directly but you may have problems when charging. As far as the light in the plug, that is a really great idea and I've never seen anyone try it before. I would like to try that myself mabey soon. You can find a tutorial in the tutorial section on how to do the led trigger mod. Just instead of putting two lights(one in each trigger), just put one behind the yellow ac plug. If you want it dimmer then you can just add more resistors to the circuit. Anyway great idea. Oh the kind of white you need is called kynar. You need about 30 guage. You can get it at radioshack for about $4.00 for a 50 foot roll. They call it insulated wrapping wire. Very small and cheap. The clear plastic things that go in the psp ring are called jewls. There is a company that makes it called the Jewl Factory. You can find a link to their website on the main page of the acidmods forum. You can contact them with a custom design and they will make you one. I'm not sure of the cost though. But I'm sure they are high quality. Let me know if you need any more help I'd be glad to help.

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2008, 06:27:15 AM »
Disclaimer: I take no responsibility and will not be held responsible for anything that happens to your psp.

i personally find that funny

well if i were u i would open up the battery that will go in the umd drive area cuz it might shrink alot making room for another battery or even more mods that is just my thought and u could just get a cheap plug somewhere female and male 2 pin connectors

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2008, 10:09:32 AM »
That dosent mean anything is gonna happen. I just put that on any of my posts where I give advise. That way if on the off chance that somthing does happen, I cant be held responsible. So far, I've never had to use that. None of my advise has ever caused a problem.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal