Author Topic: Direct sound mod problem. urgent help needed!--problem solved now.  (Read 1518 times)

Offline Bhawan

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +2/-0
hello everyone i installed a ddirect sound reactive mod it worked perfectly but after i install the lcd cage the right leds (connected to the right speaker) get thown out of the connection sometimes and i have to restart the psp to get them working and today when i woke up and turned the psp on i found that the right ones dont work at all :boxed: i spent 8 hours yesterday installing those leds and now half of em dont work :sadno: please help!!!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 12:58:59 PM by Bhawan »

thanks chase for this sig =)
I miss my dragon lol....

Offline ra1n

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • I'm not like other girls ^_^
Re: Direct sound mod problem. urgent help needed!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 10:43:44 AM »
try putting electrical tape on top of the speakers so the speaker doesn't touch the lcd cage it happened to me and now mine works fine

getting old is mandatory growing up is optional.

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 11:43:48 AM »
Ya dude its shorting,

I hate when that happens.

For some reason the LCD cage shorts everything its reallyyyyyyyy annoying.

Like RA1N said use electical tape or hot glue maybe

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 11:57:09 AM »
ya the LCD cage p's alot of people off. It always seems to short somthing out. I know when I did the USB charge mod it shorted out. I would suggest putting electrical tape over the contacts of the speakers. Also wherever you soldered at. Dont use hot glue because you may end up gluing the speakers or lcd cage in place. After all you want to be able to get this apart again right?

Also since you did this mod, on a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate it for dificulty?
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline Bhawan

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 12:55:33 PM »
try putting electrical tape on top of the speakers so the speaker doesn't touch the lcd cage it happened to me and now mine works fine
ok thanks it worked for me yaayyyy now i have my first psp hardware mod fully working thanks to you and the others who replied.

I miss my dragon lol....

Offline Bhawan

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 12:58:11 PM »
ya the LCD cage p's alot of people off. It always seems to short somthing out. I know when I did the USB charge mod it shorted out. I would suggest putting electrical tape over the contacts of the speakers. Also wherever you soldered at. Dont use hot glue because you may end up gluing the speakers or lcd cage in place. After all you want to be able to get this apart again right?

Also since you did this mod, on a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate it for dificulty?
i would rate it about 7/10 actually its a bit more easier but it gets hard when u are installing more than one leds and are having loads of wires to route and it has less risk of messing up the mobo. so yea 7/10 difficulty and i will be posting a video or some pics of it soon.....

I miss my dragon lol....

Offline JWhiteLightning

• BANNED
  • Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Because Im CWN
Re: Direct sound mod problem. urgent help needed!--problem solved now.
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 08:40:31 PM »
Glad to here you got it working, and on the voting part, id say the first time you do it, it is about a 4/10 and when you have done it a few times, down to a 2/10. I think all the hard modding is stuff that has to do with software, i hate it.

Offline Bhawan

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 08:45:56 PM »
Glad to here you got it working, and on the voting part, id say the first time you do it, it is about a 4/10 and when you have done it a few times, down to a 2/10. I think all the hard modding is stuff that has to do with software, i hate it.
lol i think that software modding is easier...just an openion.... it was difficult for me cus it was my 1st time and i was installing about 6 leds lol..

I miss my dragon lol....

Offline gr8npwrfl

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ignorance is not fatal it can be cured
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 11:06:19 PM »
A simple solution to the LCD cage problem is to just spray paint the back side of the cage that way it will be insulated.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal