Author Topic: Seriously modding  (Read 2518 times)

Offline willie19a

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +1/-0
Seriously modding
« on: August 06, 2008, 04:18:35 AM »
OK so ive done some software mods, im currently running on CFW 4.01m33-2, and to be honest im pretty bored of my psp. Im looking to do some serious hardware mods. First of all im gonnae make the screen flip up so that i can sit the psp flat, flip the screen up and watch my movies. I need more memory so can any one tell me any good mods for more memory space, im willing to try anything pretty much. Im also looking at a keyboard for my psp, can be hardwired to the psp or via usb, it doesnt matter so can anyone tell me wat keyboard to use, how to mod it so it will run on my psp. I will hopefully be adding an additional analogue stick on the right hand side but i dont know any good tuts on how to do this and the same with the flashing LED's. So can any one help me out with any of these mod, apart from the screen flip, i already know what im going to do for that, and does any one know of any other good mods i can do?

Oh and yeah, wud be interested in knowing if i can use my sony ericsson K800i camera on my psp aswell as using the bluetooth, please help if u can cheers XD

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
Re: Seriously modding
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 09:53:35 AM »
sounds like you've got some seriouse work ahead of you.  As for the memory, you could do the internal SDHC mod. It let's you use sd cards as well as the standard memory stick. As for the keyboard, it requires some special programming. Although I saw a video on youthbe where a guy used an ir keyboard wirelessly with the psp. All you need for the right nub is a razor x board(if you want it to be internal like the left one). If you do this though, you need to dothe USB charge mod to be able to charge your psp unless you use a separate battery charger. This is because you have to remove the regular charge port. The LEDs are pretty easy. You can have those done in a couple of hours if you know what your doing. There was a guy that made an internal bluetooth mod for the psp. All he used it for though is playing music form another source through the psp speakers. I dont think you can use the camera from your phone. I think you have to use one for the psplike the chotto shot/go cam.

Tutorials can be found for these mods in the tutorials section:

LEDs
internal cam(without umd drive)
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 12:31:12 PM »
Making a flip screen isnt that hard, but geting the stuff is, but its going to make the psp 1.5 thicker in you pocket
And you need to have good hinges for support, other wise forget this,

make you memory as an sd card, It can upgrade to 32 gigs (I think) or 16 (either one)

And as a keybored, forget it, you need soldering, and ALOT programing skills + you have to make your own firmware for this which if you mess up,it could your psp forever (since its an unkown firmware that nobody can test, other wise It will have no point

Music leds i will tell you later

Another anolog stick (will find pic later)

and no you cannot use sony eericsson  camera

I would just go with Music leds and MAYBE when you more skill adding another anolog stick cuz you need to be able to solder
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 12:34:42 PM by MARIOPARTY53 »
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 12:39:09 PM »
And as a keybored, forget it, you need soldering, and ALOT programing skills + you have to make your own firmware for this which if you mess up,it could your psp forever (since its an unkown firmware that nobody can test, other wise It will have no point
*buzzer noise* Wrong. Folklord used the xBox keypad and used existing programs made by someone and it worked fine.

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 10:14:41 PM »
*buzzer noise* Wrong. Folklord used the xBox keypad and used existing programs made by someone and it worked fine.
his keybored dosnt work yet
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline miceen0

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 11:34:29 PM »
For the keyboard use Piikey; this will allow you to use a keyboard through IR, and I think the serial port too. Also with Piikey there is another program you need there site should tell you, this program allows you to have a qwerty keyboard on the psp (like when you input text) and it will use the keyboards keys.

Offline willie19a

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 05:20:34 AM »
thanks for the comments, MARIOPARTY53 my screen flip mod isnt going to add any thickness to the psp, im going to remove the start button bar and attach it to the metal part of the screen, altho i wont be able to remove it wen its done , you dont really need to, that makes a lil bit of room for me. Then i will remove a small part of the screen housing, (the metal part where the screen sits), just the lil bit at the bottom so wen i flip it up, it doesnt catch, File the the bits on the screen case that holds the screen into place on the psp so that it doesnt jam in wen i want to flip it, im going to reverse another umd catch so that i have two, one on either side of the psp at the top, left one for flipping the screen and holding into place wen shut and the other in the right, the usual umd door flip bit. Now wen thats done all i need to do now for the inside pat is drill 2 tiny tiny holls in the screen case, doesnt have to be holes, small dents shud do, this will allow me to attack a spring loaded hing like thing on the inside , right next to the analogue thing just to keep it out the way. i will do this on both sides so if i pull the lil pins out to take the screen out and in, it will be easily done, now that the inside done, and it all fits, ive checked a million times over because i really dont wanna get half way through it an realise, o :censored: i cant do that lol. Now all i have left to explain is the front case. i will cut a perfect fit for the screen out of my case, and on the bottom where where the screw that holds the case on will have to go, i need to cut about 5mm off so wen i filp the screen the  case doesnt get in the way. The square button will have to be filled down at the left hand side, it wont look pretty at first but cosmetics comes later lol. now ive covered almost all, there is one thing stopping me doing this, and that is that i need to find a way to hold the screen onto the case, because i certainly dont want to have to take the case of it to flip it, i am thinking, maybe just some super glue will do but to be honest i wanna get it back off so wen i wanna spray paint it to make it look better i dont end up wrecking it after all my hard work, i will take pictures wen im in the process so if any willing people can follow in my footsteps to make this lazy mod :) Im very interested in the sd card mod,  sounds cool, but the thing is, i want to get my psp booting from my card instead of the memory on the psp, is there a way to do this??? if you have managed to reach the end of this gruelling comment please let me know cheers :D

Offline gr8npwrfl

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ignorance is not fatal it can be cured
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 10:09:38 AM »
Yes you can boot from the card, requires special software to be flashed
to flash 0 in the PSP.

The problem is one of speed, it would make the PSP so much slower.

Offline niko86

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 04:36:08 PM »
Im very interested in the sd card mod,  sounds cool, but the thing is, i want to get my psp booting from my card instead of the memory on the psp, is there a way to do this??? if you have managed to reach the end of this gruelling comment please let me know cheers :D

Try time machine 0.1 for that found here.

To load the latest 4.01m33 off you memory card you can follow this thread on QJ:

http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=143389

So right now you can load 5 firmwares off you memory stick.
1.50 (phat psp only)
1.50-3.40 mix (phat and slim)
3.40oe (phat psp only)
3.60m33 (slim only)
4.01m33 (phat and slim)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal