Author Topic: New With Questions (I searched)  (Read 1563 times)

Offline t0rm3nt

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
New With Questions (I searched)
« on: August 13, 2008, 11:46:56 AM »
Hi Guys, I was directed to this site when someone mentioned a "moded" controller on COD4. So after searching for a while I found you guys.

I am very interested in modding my controller for rapid fire. I have the matrix version and I have read so Ill be doing that tonight or tomorrow. Should I take pics and videos since ive seen alot of people questioning this method?

My main questions lie in different techniques for modding... I searched the site and couldn't find much. So if you can please direct me, If not Id like some advice...

I want to have a rapid fire controller using the 2 wired momentary switch method.
But I need help finding...

-Translucent Red triggers, Bumpers, and D Pad. (Ive seen full controller kits, but I dont know if they include these or if i can get seperate.)
-I want to do red leds behind my xbox button. (I dont know what size or how to do it)
-Leds behind X,Y,B,A (I dont know what size or how to do it)

I think that is about it. Unless anyone can suggest any easy to do fun mods to help me learn!

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: New With Questions (I searched)
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 11:55:15 AM »
*sigh* I guess you didn't search to well, huh?
Ok, here goes nothing.
I suggest buying the dual rapid fire kit from KingMike's AM store (Here) and following the diagram to install it. Or, better yet, you can wait a little bit for the dual rapid fire with the led indicators. That one uses a switch to turn the rapidfire on/off and then you use the regular trigger(s) to use the rapidfire. It also lights up the player 3 led for the left trigger, and the player 4 led for the right trigger when it's on.
For the clear red buttons, I've got no clue.
To change the RoL, get red 0603 leds and just desolder the old ones and solder the new ones on. Simple as that.
For leds behind the buttons, that's harder. You're going to need to drill a hole in each one and put them in. I don't know how to do that one.

Offline KyleP

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 12:56:47 PM »
buy a kit from kingmike and then watch the video and check out some diagrams and if you have a old controller and you just want to do a 1 button than just go to radioshack and buy 30 gauge wire and a button and watch the rapid fire no chip thing

Offline t0rm3nt

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 03:14:53 PM »
Just got back from radio shack.

Got the switch, wire and new soldering iron...

Took me a while to figure the screws out. I have a t9 driver but it dosent have a hole in the middle.

I took most out by breaking the little knob in the middle of the screws with a straight slot.

Now im in the process of taking the controller apart which doesnt seem to be easy...

Offline t0rm3nt

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 04:00:23 PM »
The led fell off... Am I out of options or can it be soldered back on?

Offline t0rm3nt

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 06:21:53 PM »
Any who. Ive tried the following techniques....

Middle prong and Negative Pole for battery pack (Single shot Acts just like R Trigger.)
Middle prong to red rumble wire (Slow inconsistant Rapid fire.)
Middle prong to back of board led solder point. (Single Shot Acts like R Trigger.)
Middle prong to Positive pole for battery back (No result.)

Wanna test any other spots while i break this controller?

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 06:28:11 PM »
How about you try the ground point on the connector at the bottom. There's pics EVERYWHERE here.

Oh, and fyi you're NOT ALLOWED to double post. There's an edit button for a reason!

Offline t0rm3nt

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 06:30:04 PM »
Sorry about that. Ill be sure to do it in the future. Im trying the ground now...

Only single shot when soldering to ground on the bottom...

Any other ideas?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 06:37:28 PM by t0rm3nt »

Offline KyleP

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 06:43:42 PM »
LEDs can be put back on but u have to put them on a certain way if you look at the board theres a dot on 1 side of the led spot thats the positive side so figure out which side is positive on the led it self and there you go v :clap:

Offline t0rm3nt

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2008, 09:10:28 PM »
Finished it. Forgot about full batteries which made me spend alot more time than necessary.

I have no rumble pack since my button was so big, and when i put it where i liked it it pushed on the connector for the rumble pack.

1 controller died.

So not bad for my first mod. Thanks to everyone who helped!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal