Author Topic: If your d-pad or [] /\ O X button goes haywire, read this. might help.  (Read 1361 times)

Offline Thane

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
my psp's 'O' button went broken a few days ago. after i took it apart for fun. it keeps on sending message to the mobo that its being pressed. so literally, my 'O' button cant be depressed. i took it apart and it depressed. tried pressing it with my nail and noticed that the pressure point on the printed pad for it is no longer at the center of the designated place. it was on the outer side and just placing the button on the pad presses the 'O' button.
at first, i was thinking about cutting the rubber padding under the 'O' button so only the center of it touches the printed pad. that is obviously stupid of me.

so instead, i slid my small flat screwdriver between the 2 plastic piece of the pad to loosen it, and sticks them back together. and now it works.

so, if your psp is having a ghost hand pushing down on the button, chances are there are either something stuck under the faceplate, or the printed pad is like my psp's condition.

hope this helps someone out there. :victory:

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: If your d-pad or [] /\ O X button goes haywire, read this. might help.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 10:43:50 PM »
nice. I don't quite get what you mean when u say between the too plastic pieces ?

Offline Thane

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 12:06:14 AM »
nice. I don't quite get what you mean when u say between the too plastic pieces ?
haha. okay.
under the rubber padding of the buttons, there is a plastic pressure sensitive pad. its made of 2 pieces of thin flat plastic with a silicone ( i think..? ) in between the 2 layers. it detects pressure when we press the button.
if you had opened your psp, you'll notice it. the clear plastic with white printing underneath it. :victory:

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 12:30:26 AM »
I understand, nice advice thane. i might use that, got a customers psp with a similer problem on the [ ] button. :)

Offline Thane

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 01:13:25 AM »
I understand, nice advice thane. i might use that, got a customers psp with a similer problem on the [ ] button. :)
glad i could be of help. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal