Author Topic: Nice Laptop and maybe a ds lite in metallic rose or a fugly laptop with 500 buck  (Read 1737 times)

Offline lilcrzytimmy

• ♥ Poker Champ ♠♣
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Owner of A Red Hottie
well, im still a student, and i need a laptop soon.  i asked my sis for a job and yea, she said sell give me 400 for a 5 day work time or 480 for a 6 day work time.  ( lil above minimum wage)  i am also selling my mint green psp bundle for 275 totalling a total budget of 675 or 755 anyways, she offered me her 1 year old laptop for 100 bucks, but it looks fugly (im very materialistic).  the laptop runs fine but like the computer has ALOT of scratches (not on the screen tho) and the keyboard has been heavily weared and looks gross.  heres the spec for the laptop.  every thing is the same except it has athlon X2 at 1.9 GHz and 80gb hdd. http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/compaq-presario-f750us-turion/4507-3121_7-32802496.html  However, if i choose to buy her laptop i would have an excess of 575 or 655.

On the other hand, i can choose to buy this more powerful yet new laptop for 600bucks w/ tax.  http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/957630/HP-Pavilion-dv2911us-14-1-Widescreen/ it also looks NICER than the compaq and is smaller.  BUT, i would lose my precious psp, but i might have an excess of 75 or 155 cash (i can buy a ds lite in metallic rose).  also, i like the psp because of grahics, dj maxx and gta.  but the ds has liek variety of games.

please help me choose.  option 1 or 2.   

remember, IM VERY VERY materialistic. COSMETIC IS NUMBA ONE PRIORITY lol.
Sonys: The Foreign 40gb Black* and the red hot slim soon the green slim.  Nintendo: The revolutional White.
Past: A whole mess of american PSP and eventually Japanese imports.

Materialistic, HELL YA. =D
*i just notice the ps3 was foreign, and i bought it in america. O.O

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
it would be cheaper and better in the long run to buy the cheaper laptop and upgrade it.  your losing processor speed when you buy the new one. just buy the cheaper laptop and upgrade it's ram and hard drive and you should still have enough left over to the get the ds lite and still keep the psp. I mean wouldn't you rather have more things instead of less? 

Offline lilcrzytimmy

• ♥ Poker Champ ♠♣
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Owner of A Red Hottie
it would be cheaper and better in the long run to buy the cheaper laptop and upgrade it.  your losing processor speed when you buy the new one. just buy the cheaper laptop and upgrade it's ram and hard drive and you should still have enough left over to the get the ds lite and still keep the psp. I mean wouldn't you rather have more things instead of less? 

i would have more than less, but the only thing that bothers me is cosmetic. i cant stand ANY FLAW, well, maybe minor, but my sis laptop is like..... :censored: up.  the keyboard looks oily, the touch pad lost some its paint down to the base.  the outside is like it was dropped from a mountain (obviously exagerating).  i dunno.  i dont care much about the psp anymore LOL...sad and i look forward to the new ds that might come out by the end of the year.  i dunno, i hate choices.  i still dont noe.
Sonys: The Foreign 40gb Black* and the red hot slim soon the green slim.  Nintendo: The revolutional White.
Past: A whole mess of american PSP and eventually Japanese imports.

Materialistic, HELL YA. =D
*i just notice the ps3 was foreign, and i bought it in america. O.O

Offline ProperBritish

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Raining Blood! From A Lacerated Sky!
Ok, buy the cheap one, and get over it. You saved 500 smackers! Who cares what it looks like?! It still works, and even has a 1.9GHz dual core to boot :) buy 2 1GB sticks of RAM, sell the old ones, and you'll be set.

Maybe you could buy a PS3, a 360 or a PSP with the money left over, and still have money spare for smaller things.

I wouldnt turn an offer like that down, unless it was actually falling apart. You're prepared to spend 500 big ones moe just because of scratches and a worn-shiny keyboard?! You sir are mad. Those things happen to all laptops, you're sad when the first scratch comes on a new laptop, but it DOESNT MATTER. It still works  :cool: As for a shiny keyboard, that just means its been used well, and is a positive, means its a reliable machine, after being used enough to get a shiny (NOT oily) space bar. The cool thing about having a laptop as a student is that it looks cool using it at school no matter what laptop it is.

Now go get that bargain off of your sis.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 05:58:55 PM by ProperBritish »

Quote from: ≤Ʀαωгу≥
you know who i would bone? daffy duck

Offline aquatsr

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
i would have more than less, but the only thing that bothers me is cosmetic. i cant stand ANY FLAW, well, maybe minor, but my sis laptop is like..... :censored: up.  the keyboard looks oily, the touch pad lost some its paint down to the base.  the outside is like it was dropped from a mountain (obviously exagerating).  i dunno.  i dont care much about the psp anymore LOL...sad and i look forward to the new ds that might come out by the end of the year.  i dunno, i hate choices.  i still dont noe.

I'm with ProperBritish on this one. Get over the looks man, especially for something like a laptop. It doesn't matter what's on the outside - only the inside counts. I've seen some sweet laptops in my day only to find out their innards are complete BS. I've also seen some craptastic cases but found the rig rockin under the hood. Depending on what sort of student you are you might want all the processing power you can get, especially if you're an engineer.
Kamelot Forever

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal