Author Topic: psp broke - don't turn on.  (Read 1282 times)

Offline wtfisausername

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
psp broke - don't turn on.
« on: August 20, 2008, 05:05:37 PM »
The PSP isn't bricked. When i try to turn it on the led light doesnt turn on, the cable and the switch/button board have been switched out from a working one and it still doesnt work. charging battery works.

What happened, well i was doing the sound reactive mod with the lm386, it worked so i try putting it together. my wires were neat but it didnt seem like it fitted together, i just left it out with the battery out and the faceplate on top of the pile of partially assemble parts n went to bed. I didnt mess with it a for a few day, then i decided to put it back together, but before that i try to turn it on, i lifted the mobo up tring to not let n e thing touch n try 2 turn it on. but it just doesnt turn on. every wire is now unsoldered. Ive tried bridging the power fuse, no luck...

also on the same day ps2 died (also like psp, led light doesnt turn on on standby or on, never took it apart, except 2 check the fuses...n e way its off topic). n my 360 have gave me the rrod for a while now, so im bored :cry2:

Think i killed psp with static, any suggestions?
thanks.

Edit: n e one know where i could get a cheap reliable psp 1000 mobo thats compabible to mine (TA-079) (besides ebay...i dont like ebay...)

...any suggesstions at all...wut u think broken or repairable...?...im really bored n dont have much 2 do.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 05:36:04 PM by wtfisausername »

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
Re: psp broke - don't turn on.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 05:48:17 PM »
Maybe static.

Were you wearing anti-static wrist band??

Also did you cover all the point with electrical tape or hot glue before you tried to close it??

Offline wtfisausername

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 06:10:26 PM »
yup, hot glue, electric tape, wasnt wearin anti static when testing it. but was holding by the edges. when ever im buildin a pc or somethin i almost never wear anti static (unless i really care)...no prob so far, maybe im just lucky.

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 06:26:21 PM »
ya you should where one i mean they are like 3$ so 3 can save lots of money

But iono it could have been fryed or static

Offline wtfisausername

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 06:43:54 PM »
yea, i guess it isnt any fuse like thing that would cause this. Know where i could get another psp mobo? im going to check the auction section in a sec... how much on average do these mobo cost?

Offline gr8npwrfl

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ignorance is not fatal it can be cured
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 10:37:38 PM »
Did you have the unit plugged in charging ?

If it was then I would think that you got a voltage spike on
the house wiring that is why maybe both the PS2 and PSP died

Offline wtfisausername

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 11:31:47 PM »
tats what i though, but im postive that it wasnt plugged in charging, it was half way assemble. If i were to charge it i would of used my external battery charger or my other fat psp, or my friends broken screen slim psp. If there was a spike the psp fuse would probably went off, n it wasnt bridge before i find it not workin. pandora doesnt turn it on...anyway im mad tat both things broke, just got new screen for my psp n got fatal frame for my ps2. now im looking around for mobos in the auction section...

Thanks for replyin.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 11:38:29 PM by wtfisausername »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal