Author Topic: PSP Ring of light?/sound reactive?  (Read 2594 times)

Offline iu28a

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
PSP Ring of light?/sound reactive?
« on: August 30, 2008, 01:57:55 AM »
Where the ring on the psp is it is removed and there is a clear window. What type of plastic do you use? How do u cut it, how does it fit together? I saw the tut before of how to cut the door, and put in the jewel, but how do you cut the jewel out? Also is there a powerboard pinout available somewhere. Ive seen this https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=21863.0 but i want to know the pin out on the other side, like where the wire strip thing that connects the powerboard to mobo.
thanks
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 09:43:30 PM by iu28a »

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
Re: PSP Ring of light?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 03:37:00 AM »
i just finished a customers a few days ago. i used the clear plastic from a cd case. got a spare silver ring and used that to guide me. use a dremal with a sanding tool to remove the plastic you don't need on the outside, then make a hole in the middle to start removing the center. i did it i half an hour and it looked great!

Offline iu28a

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 04:19:37 AM »
Thanks!!, thats really helpful.

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 06:26:17 AM »
no problem, if you need anymore help just let me know. good luck with the mod!  :tup:

Offline iu28a

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: PSP Ring of light?/sound reactive?
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 09:45:29 PM »
Anyone know how to get the sound reactive, i followed the guide and wire the chip to the wifi, and it works. but when i plug in heaedphones it turns off. how can i make it both turn on? can someone make a quick schematics or somethin similar?
thanks
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 09:53:39 PM by iu28a »

Offline tripsalot

• ♥ Poker Champ ♠♣
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • modder knowledge
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 10:16:07 PM »
i think it is one or the other,when you plug in the headphones it takes the signal from the speakers and redirects to the headphones,if you hook up another sound mod and use the headphone jack as the inputs it should work but you will have to have twice the wireing and leds that you have now,as far as i remember if you try to hook both up to one set of leds it shorts something and dont work right.i could be wrong though

Offline iu28a

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 10:39:10 PM »
yea...i ran out of 0603 right now...so i was using grinded up 5mm... o.O ...waitin' for those 0603... i was messing with it n got headphones to work, but the internal speaker acted up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal