Author Topic: Teh Picaso [WIP] Need your help!  (Read 2304 times)

VoX

Teh Picaso [WIP] Need your help!
« on: September 04, 2008, 06:19:33 AM »
I hate drawing therefore I completed my school art assignment on Photoshop. I personally think it looks like a bunch of balls which are touching each other but I want to know what you think of it and what I can do to make it better. I vectored the face, which is Pablo Picaso's, and distorted it ect. to copy his style, which was the assignment. The back ground is a collage of his paintings, drawings and what not with various effects applied. Enough said below is the abomination:

P.S : Yes, My name is "James Sandri" feel free to contact my home number if you can find it

All comments and criticism are welcome
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 03:16:21 PM by VoX »

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
Re: Teh Picaso
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 10:13:19 AM »
move his eye down a bit as that face fits to well together like a normal human face

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline zbblanton

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +5/-0
    • My modding site
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 12:19:48 PM »
i think that looks awesome man good job!

VoX

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 03:14:38 PM »
move his eye down a bit as that face fits to well together like a normal human face

I moved the eye like that as Picaso did that in a lot of his work, along with rearranged mouths ect. If what you mean goes along with that then I'll change it

That is horrible.
Sorry but that is my honest opinion :)

No problem, I couldn't agree more. Any things in specific that you don't like so I can change/fix it?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 03:18:04 PM by VoX »

Offline Chase

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Art Team Leader - Globel Moderator
Re: Teh Picaso [WIP] Need your help!
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 04:08:22 PM »
Its a nice idea but i think youve failed to create an accurate representation of the PIcasso style, That is if you were oging for a similiar style to his more recent/ famous pieces I.E post insanity lol

It just needs to be more abstract.

If that helps any (Y)

ccccpie

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 11:11:31 PM »
lol u sayd ballz

VoX

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 11:18:29 PM »
Thanks, I've decided to ditch this idea and go for more of a direct representation of his style as you said. I was trying to recreate this style, Which is what I know of as his early work :

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
    • 13xic0n administrator\owner
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 12:50:50 AM »
Well in my opinion because i love to do art with my hand get them all covered in paint charcoal pastel plaster and clay or what ever els there is to use. It is hard to do a replication of his work on the computer that is if you don't understand the fundamentals techies of an artist's work i suggest do more research in other artist like Salvador Dali wonder full art he did, plus some that can be demonstrate with a computer and capture his meaning behind his photos.He did lots of art work for Walt Disney and even made a movie using his weird demonstrations and art his movie was never released and his work for walt wasnt either because he died before he finished it. but beside the point you could discover the type of person he was he keep it out in the open and his art reflected his daily life.

Picaso did art off of feel he saw  something that gave his a feeling h would capture it in his eye of feeling. he cut his ear to feel pain in order to express it. He went through dif periods of feelings.

oh one other guy who starved himself and right before he passed out of hunger would draw what he saw. most of his art was squiggly lines and dots some barely look like any thing but most of it a 1 year old could do. But he craved for a picture that show the last thought of a person passing resting ect... plus he was missing a few gears in his head. don't r ember his name at this moment but i will latter.

Ever piece of art has a story feeling passion grief it is alive you need to find out what life they posses to demonstrate them. It is a hard thing to combined modern with classic but you can do it but get in to the artist mind.

i just blabbered on and on and on but i don't know if i helped or just gave words with no meaning to you.

Ps i found a James Sandri in Australia but it isn't you that is for sure.
http://www.facebook.com/people/James_Sandri/565258952

so i decided to type my name in Google and long and behold i was on on 4 results on the first page wow didn't know that.Darn they had to show my worst times too i hate that. lol
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM by gameking21 »

VoX

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 02:47:57 AM »
Oh, I see. That was the idea was I trying to create, I see your point and I will create my new image to suit that and several things

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 05:48:16 PM »
err.......
that 1st shop, its unique i guess lol, it would look better if u could get rid of the line that goes inbetween the colourfullness and the black and white, idk if u can do it but i'd look better if it ran together, besides that it looks cool

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 05:46:36 PM »
i like it......  imo

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
    • ROOKIE BUILDERS DISCORD
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 01:46:58 AM »
i think it looks cool...

*Thanks Modders/Friends:Ghost_Death, gr8npwrfl, Blizzrad, Kenshinffx.
*Thanks 802Chives for the Art position!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal