Author Topic: PSP Homebrew  (Read 1195 times)

Offline BiiPiiGii

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
PSP Homebrew
« on: October 27, 2008, 01:37:31 AM »
Okay, so I'm using a PSP updated to 3.90.  I believe it was purchased this way.  I saw that if you have 4.01 or 5.00 then you can put the custom update 4.01/5.00 M-33 on it.  I really want to be able to play some emulator on the PSP and run some other stuff.  I've seriously tried everything even making my own damn Pandora battery and nothing is working like it's supposed to.  I keep getting this "game wont run" error with some crazy numbers in it.  Seriously, is there anyone on this site who can step-by-step (seriously like you're speaking to a retard) give me instructions on what I need and how to do it.  I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks.
...:::[[[{{{∞BiiPiiGii∞}}}]]]:::...

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: PSP Homebrew
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 06:28:07 AM »
Alright, first, what are you doing to get the "game wont run" error? You shouldn't need to run anything. How'd you make your pandora battery? I'm assuming you didn't get to the pandora battery because you got the "game won't run error"... Okay first, you will need another person's already hacked psp, buy a datel tool battery or dealextreme.com, or hard mod a battery.

Datel tool battery:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12472~r.82461943

hard mod:

NOTE: USE A PSP PHAT BATTERY FOR THIS. I'M NOT SURE IF NEWER BATTERIES WORK WITH THIS OR NOT, THOUGH

1. First, open up the psp battery by using some sort of flat, but not sharp tool, such as a butter knife.
2. Now look at the pin on this picture, and desolder it with a soldering iron and lift it, but don't detach it from the PCB board.

Now, after you're done, download this:
http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1543

Then, just pop in your memory stick into the computer or hook it up via a usb cord and your psp. Choose your psp drive in Psp Pandora Deluxe, load firmware 4.01, dcv7, choose a button to use to load dcv7, and check:

"Format and prepare memory stick"
"Inject IPL"
"Use MSPformat"

After you're done, hit start, and wait a few minutes. When it's done, you have your jigstick and your pandora battery! If you still have any questions, just ask.
3. Pop it back together and it should work. You may need hotglue.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline BiiPiiGii

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: PSP Homebrew
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 11:26:35 AM »
Well I used some crazy method that I found of some dude on youtube.  I opened the battery and I was about to cut the last pin on the bottom right (assuming you're holding the battery vertically the way it would fit in the PSP).  However because I was told I would need another battery I ended up not completing the pandoras battery.  If i need a fat battery for the pandora battery I'll get one.  Thanks though for posting the tutorial.
...:::[[[{{{∞BiiPiiGii∞}}}]]]:::...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal