Author Topic: After Matrix install worked fine...now doesnt sync...  (Read 1145 times)

Offline firestorm2588

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
After Matrix install worked fine...now doesnt sync...
« on: October 31, 2008, 09:38:06 PM »
ok...im freaking pissed. I just bought the matrix version and installed it. It worked great except my triggers and led were swapped somehow. Though it WORKED. Happy as hell I swapped my triggers, installed my rumble motors and proceeded closing up the casing and now my god forsaken controller WONT sync. I dis-connected the rapid fire completely and still no sync. The lights rotate and looks completely fine. I even plugged it back in via USB and still nothing. To be honest the indicator on the USB connector blinks once really fast. and turns off. The Controller though turns on and starts rotating looking for the Xbox. Ive tried every combination of pushing sync buttons and usb with and without a battery pack still installed. Battery's should have 2-3 bars left. Any Thoughts? (that dont include breaking it, calling customer service, or comments that state that im f**ked. I know im somewhat screwed ATM I don't need someone telling me.) Thanks guys.

Offline KingMike_OS

• Shop Owner - Products & Support
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • R&D
    • Modding Shop At the end of the Universe
Re: After Matrix install worked fine...now doesnt sync...
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 10:22:29 PM »
is your chip on the back of the controller still or its out of the controller .. i think your chip is hitting the back of the controller and grounding the Sync on the main chip on the back .. if you reposition it should fix the problem ..

IF you still having problem you can always send it in and have me do the install ... 

PS : if you install like out diagrams there is now way thats the triggers and led are swaped.

Offline firestorm2588

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 11:47:12 PM »
The way I disconnected the chip is by clipping the wires for now(until I get more butane). The controller is 100% dis-assembled and I have the center rubber buttons on top of the board so I can turn it on. Non of the plastic is being used. The chip itself is still hot-glued into place. : / thnx for your reply : ) and thnx for the offer! Though I am somewhat experienced with soldering and what-not. I think when I went to put the plastics back together after it was working i smashed something. I had a little problem with my wires getting in the way of the screw holes so i added a little pressure while moving the wires out of the way so they wouldn't move back.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 11:49:52 PM by firestorm2588 »

Offline firestorm2588

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 12:09:56 AM »
uh oh "d11" and "d8" look like they got hit with some heat. That could be the problem? I didn't think transistors were that sensitive. oh well along with suggestions does anyone know where I can get a hold of replacement parts for that?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal