Author Topic: am i stronger?  (Read 1623 times)

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
am i stronger?
« on: November 07, 2008, 04:01:17 PM »
ok two of my friends from school think there stronger then me but the thing is i can do about 30 chin ups (dead hang) and 30 push ups
and one who is shorter then me cant do any chin ups and less then 10 decent push ups, and the other who is taller cant do and chin ups or any decent push ups either
i dont think this much matters in arm strength but i can do alot of good situps with my arms crossed over my sholders, and i mean over 100. so the taller friend can do alot too idk how much but he is kindu fat and my other frined has to like throw his hands up to do a sit up, i dont think his abs are strong enough to pull himself up, and also i have a 6 pack that you can see well lol. they always say to me that there stronger its just that they cant lift there body weight which i think is a lame excuse but i dont no anything lol, any of you guys got any input for me?

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: am i stronger?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 04:28:31 PM »
man wtf how can you only do 30 push ups when you can do 30 chin ups? I can do only like, 5 chin ups but like 25 push ups. I'd expect you to do atleast like 50 pushups. Anyway, yeah you're probably stronger. If not, challenge them sort of a wrestling thing... My friends and I do it all the time - we basically fight but we can only like tackle, push, trip, and like put each other into holds and stuff, no punching and kicking. It's still a good indicator of strength cause the stronger person will always be able to get the other person down first unless they have no fighting skill whatsoever.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 04:37:59 PM »
um well push ups are the triceps right? and chin ups are like the back and stuff...
im a good football player, alot of tackles and stuff, but im not good at wrestling, i didnt go out for it anyways, i nvr really tried it

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 04:44:18 PM »
Doesn't matter lol, neither me nor my friends do any type of wrestling but we still just clown around and try to take each other down... But when you're only 5'2 (like me) when your friends are like 5'7 and up, you're pretty screwed lol

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 04:50:07 PM »
Doesn't matter lol, neither me nor my friends do any type of wrestling but we still just clown around and try to take each other down... But when you're only 5'2 (like me) when your friends are like 5'7 and up, you're pretty screwed lol
lol, i thought i was short... im 5'4 and im like wtf i cant be that short.. lol
i dont no any wrestling moves either :S

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 04:52:04 PM »
I can do like 60 In about 3 mins
I work out with my dad
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 04:59:57 PM »
I can do like 60 In about 3 mins
I work out with my dad

meh, im getting there lol, my dad is making me a chin bar soon, so i can add to my dailly workout of sit ups and push ups, i sometimes do 10 pound arm curls (yea i no it isnt much but ohh well, u use wut u got)

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 06:17:18 PM »
I can do 90 sits up in 1 min I have the record at my school, Our school records them

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 06:58:04 PM »
I'm not THAT short... I'm only 13 so yeah. I'll be lucky if I reach 5'6 though.

Offline Alien_X

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2008, 12:22:32 AM »
Hahaha

By the way, muscle weighs more than fat, so they may be stronger, and not be able to lift their body weight as fast as you..

But why does it matter? you're only 12
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 01:17:55 AM by Alien_X »

Sigs by Alien_X
www.ax-elec.com

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2008, 03:33:51 AM »
The way you determine strength isn't by how muscular you are.  People see me as a relatively skinny kid, yet I spent my life throwing bales of hay, working in a feed factory when I was 12-14 (carrying 100 pound bags of animal feed around on my back), and at a lumber yard for the past 2 summers.  I don't look ripped and I can't lift 500 pounds, but I can carry 2 of my friends on my back with relative ease, because I have muscle endurance.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2008, 07:39:21 AM »
Well yeah basically since you spend so much time lifting stuff 100 lbs + you get used to it.... And yeah some people just don't look ripped whatsoever but they're able to destroy guys that are crazy ripped at arm wrestles, do like 100 pushups in 2 mins, etc.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal