Author Topic: New Rapid Fire Method (No Chip) with a wired controller?  (Read 4992 times)

Offline kog2902

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
New Rapid Fire Method (No Chip) with a wired controller?
« on: February 27, 2009, 10:14:14 PM »
can you do this mod with a wired controller?

*EDIT*

Is there a reason no one is responding? I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong section but I figured the beginners corner was the right place. I would really appreciate the help

fixed
~Bud~
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 04:27:14 AM by budgray19 »

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: New Rapid Fire Method (No Chip) with a wired controller?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 04:52:27 PM »
No one's responding because it had only been FIFTEEN MINUTES between your messages...and at 1:15 IN THE MORNING.
Wrong section also.

And no, it's never been tested and I'm fairly sure you can't.
It's a crappy method anyway.

Offline kog2902

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 04:57:26 PM »
Well thanks for responding. But also it was more then 15 minutes but I edited the title and it changed the time. I figured it wasn't a great way but I had to order the crystals and capacitors and everything, so I just wanted something to try while waiting for it to get here.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 05:39:45 PM »

« Last Edit: Today at 01:18:45 am by kog2902

« Reply #1 on: Today at 01:32:02 am »

That's 15 minutes.

Offline treemty

• l,,l METAL l,,l
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Will mod for food
    • the1337group.com
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 06:09:27 PM »
dude, dont try it, just be patient
also, be patient
oh yeah be patient...
did I mention patient?
im jk, but people dont answer questions THAT fast at 1 AM
also, when you edit your question...it doesnt change the time when the topic was started, or your response
also, DO NOT DOUBLE POST

Offline kog2902

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 02:10:48 AM »
ok  and what are you talking about double posting (replying instead of editing)? If your talking about my other question no one answered I am asking a different question

Offline budgray19

• Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • OH NO MY CHITTY CHICKEN, NOO NOT MY CHITTY BEEF
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 04:34:14 AM »
im not sure if i ever stated what a double post or a multi-post means in my pm to you.

it means that you posted a message. then you made another one after it. no one responded so you posted twice in a row.
if you need to add something to the topic you press this button it will allow you to edit you post.
you are new so ill let you off with a warning. i understand your new.
infact when i was new to fourms i posted 8 times in a row and got perma banned and didnt even know what i did wrong, when i found out what i did wrong i loled hard.. *sigh* good times*

but back on topic
~Bud~

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 05:46:19 AM »
I dont' think it actually will work because wired controllers have a constant power source of about 5V. For the no chip rapid fire to work, with a wireless controller the battery pack has to be half full, so because there is always a constant source on the wired controller then it probably wouldn't work. I haven't tried it myself, but that's my explanation, you could try and see if it works. But i don't recommend it as a permanent thing, it's best to just do it with a chip.

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 07:14:52 AM »
Im pretty sure it wont work because im almost positive that the wired controller dont have PWM. Also its not really a good rapidfire, a pic from mike or even a 555timer setup is muchhhh better.

Offline kog2902

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 09:04:27 PM »
Thank you for being lenient with me about my posting. Its late when I get on and I can get a little frustrated trying to figure stuff out. Thanks for letting my know and answering my questions. I will try to be more patient waiting for my answers.

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 10:09:13 AM »
So I havnt checked this myself since I havnt seen a wired controller in years :laughing: but here is the reason why you wouldn't use PWM on a wired controller to run LEDS.

The way M$ used on the matrix controller to run the LEDs is a way to use varying voltage as a source to run your LEDs. The PWM signal will change as your battery voltage drops in order to deliver the same power to the LED. Since the wired controller already has a constant supply of 5V there are easier ways to regulate the power without PWM(they may be less efficient but since it is wired they are not as concerned with efficiency as you would be with a battery operated device)

As we all know the matrix controller was an overcomplicated device most likely designed by some dinosaur of an engineer in Redmond. I have a hunch M$ subcontracted out the CG design to someone who knows how to design a controller that is much cheaper to manufacture since the design was more robust and elegant.

A little about the battery Phenomenom that people have noticed with the Matrix one wire rapid fire mod:  When that batteries are fresh the PWM signal is not on long enough for the controller to see the pulse. When batteries are drained the PWM signal is on too long for the controller to see the break in the pulse. Hence why it only works when the batteries have a medium charge.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal