Author Topic: Video: HARDCORE rrod needs help from the PRos  (Read 1622 times)

Offline m@DDm!k3

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • destined for the worst luck in modding
Video: HARDCORE rrod needs help from the PRos
« on: December 29, 2008, 08:42:11 PM »
To me this is one the most hardcore RRoD u can get since i just got and i have FALCON board i read over multiple places that these have a LOW chance of getting but myself having the worst of luck with modding i was destined to get it i uploaded a video to give u a exact image of hows this rolls more explanation on the video description the error codes im getting are:

0010-There is a problem with the Southbridge Chip usually dealing with how it connects to the mainboard (cold solder joint/bridged solder joints)

0011-CPU over heating - If you are receiving this error after disassembling your console make sure to all 8 of the heatsinc screws are tightened securely to the board/heatsink holes.

0020-(Not yet known, possibly overheating)

0102-Error in the "Digital Backbone" (CPU/GPU/RAM), this is usually caused by a cold solder joint between the GPU and the mainboard.
There are two theories to fixing this one deals with the "X" clamps that hold down the chips. The other involves re-Heating the chips.

Sorry for the s*** quality took it on my phone the fix i are in the video description aswell
try watching the video first before posting it reely helps cut down on what i have to do thx a bunch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tizn6k5o9Ro
ViDeo Description:
In my my previous video i had received the E-74 error ,but it has evolved and now im more stumped than ever!! ive tried all sorts of fix the X-clamp fix, the 12 cent fix, the penny fix(they're different), the hairdryer method(poorman's heatgun method) the one were you put the piece of cardboard in front of the GPU all of it!!!

-m@DDm!k3
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 08:44:56 PM by m@DDm!k3 »

Offline Alien_X

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
Re: Video: HARDCORE rrod needs help from the PRos
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 01:20:07 AM »
Go to Xbox-Scene.com Those guys are the pros.

Sigs by Alien_X
www.ax-elec.com

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 09:51:55 AM »
haha, those guys are the pros for sure.  I will give you my 2 cents and then probably it is best to go see Wilhelm over at the xbox scene, he is the god of RROD repair.

Ok so your video tells a pretty vivid tale of what is going on.  The first thing that I noticed is that your fans go on full blast, then the 2 red lights flash which indicates and overheating failure.  Those two clues would point at the heat sinks not being properly seated on the gpu and/or cpu. Also this may indicate that you didn't replace the thermal paste with AS5 or similar after doing x clamp replacement.  Basically the heat is not being pulled from the chips to the heat sink as fast as it should.

So the heat problem may not be the only thing wrong here, in fact it sounds like there is a bunch of cold or fractured solder joints.  Poor mans heat gun is better left in ur girlfriends bathroom, it will not get hot enough to do anything of use in ur box.  get a real heat gun and follow Willhelms tutorials over at the scene about how you should do it properly.

My diagnosis: redo x-clamp with some AS5 and a proper technique you will find over at xbox scene.  If that don't cure you then use a heat gunning tutorial from the same place.

I must also warn you: RROD never really goes away, it is like a disease, you can supress it with these fixes but it always comes back.  If anyone has fixed em permanently then it is Wilhelm over at the scene so read up on his threads for the latest techniques.  Good Luck! :victory:

Offline KingMike_OS

• Shop Owner - Products & Support
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • R&D
    • Modding Shop At the end of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 03:33:59 PM »
I can fix it for 45.00 + shipping

let me know .. pro master at your service

Offline m@DDm!k3

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 05:57:25 PM »
thx 4 the help gonna post at xbox scene rite now if it comes down to it ill probably take ur offer KingMike_OS
BTW i did use AS5 i think i probably might need and extra washer seeing as i only put two in between the heatsinks and mobo

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 06:24:38 PM »
dang, those fans sound like a race car! Did you try the towel trick? I know, I know, this is acidmods, we dont fix rrod 360 with a towel, but its worth a shot.

@802Chives: The RRODCancer  :cry2:
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline m@DDm!k3

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 07:10:15 PM »
Naw havent tried or wont try the towel trick i kept reading all over forums to not do it i think they could have been trying to tell me sumthing lol thx though.

Offline Alien_X

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 01:35:19 AM »
Don't be an idiot, never do the towel trick.

Wilhelm was banned from xbox-scene, so here you go:

http://xbox-experts.com/e/tutorial.php?n=hybrid
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 01:48:18 AM by Alien_X »

Sigs by Alien_X
www.ax-elec.com

Offline m@DDm!k3

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 03:13:59 PM »
yea thx Alien i started crying when i saw that jk but what are the chances right when i need help.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal