Author Topic: problem with case swap..  (Read 798 times)

Offline atomicareprise

• Registered BST
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • FILIPINO SINCE BIRTH
problem with case swap..
« on: January 14, 2009, 01:50:50 AM »
so after two weeks of waiting for my clear case to  arrive

from dx i'm very excited...but got some frustrations coz some

screws dont fit...the original trim also dont fit..

i tried everything but its useless..

i also have trouble in my power/hold switch and wifi...

i need to cut some part of the power/hold part coz you wont fit the

switch...i also took my umd door off..

after putting it back my lcd display nothing..but there's a sound on the start up

what do you think is the problem..i tried cleaning the lcd socket but still nothing..

help guys.. :beg:
viperfan91 (phat), thaq93 (psp phat parts)
pinoyballa  (2 phats ), tri-edge (slim)
Awilliams357- to be shipped

Offline Zay22446688

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: problem with case swap..
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 02:42:34 PM »
I have the same problem, for my case to fit the power button I just took out the original power button and cut into the new trim and the case so that it would fit. And for the wifi button, just leave it on by turning on the switch from the inside. Ive tried to get the screws to fit by opening the screw holes up more with the screw driver and my screen has the same problem as yours. I had to wait 18 days to get my chrome case. Theres something wrong with the plastic that messes up our psps.

Offline loxel

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: problem with case swap..
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 07:04:47 PM »
i went threw much of the same problems , dremeling really helps, i dremeled the power switch because my dx shell wouldnt let the switch make it all the way to hold, and the faceplate that came with it was much to thick because the screen was a seperate peice of plastic glued in place which prevented the home bar from working. after a few mods (a few hours i should say lol) to the trim, internal notches, and one of my other faceplates everything fit together pretty good.

As far as the lcd screen goes i never had the problem  maybe  to much pressure? did you try it without the faceplate on?
when in rome, i like hamburgers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal