Author Topic: Sound Mod Question  (Read 1200 times)

Offline TR4G-

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0

Sound Mod Question
« on: January 05, 2009, 02:41:57 PM »
I have it installed with 6 blue leds.

they pulse to the music, but only the louder noises......and when there is no sound, the leds are on but not as much as with sound, but very visible.

why is this?

Offline FaT3oYCG

• Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • (Modder for hire) Live in your world, Mod in ours.
    • Modern-Gamer.co.uk
Re: Sound Mod Question
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 03:32:09 PM »
put a resistor in so that they wont be on when music isnt playing, if you want them to pulse more use an lm386 amp chip, thare has been a lot of discussion over these chips latley so im sure you can find the install diagram and the reason for using one aswell as the reason why a resistor would stop the leds being on at low noises, also you may consider installing a switch or modifying your psp to be able to switch the leds on/off.
----- F@T3oYCG -----

Offline LaCozTe-2028

• BANNED
  • E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I love My Lacoste shirts
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 04:07:46 PM »
Thats wierd i remember doing mine and they pulsed alot with out lm386

try droping it again
my retared friend fixed by droping it
 1Sniper- not to be an :censored: but, its special friend

Offline TR4G-

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 06:41:29 AM »
put a resistor in so that they wont be on when music isnt playing, if you want them to pulse more use an lm386 amp chip, thare has been a lot of discussion over these chips latley so im sure you can find the install diagram and the reason for using one aswell as the reason why a resistor would stop the leds being on at low noises, also you may consider installing a switch or modifying your psp to be able to switch the leds on/off.

ok, but i do have the recomended resistors installed

Offline FaT3oYCG

• Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • (Modder for hire) Live in your world, Mod in ours.
    • Modern-Gamer.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 07:16:10 AM »
your problem also seems to contradict itself, let me explain.

if your resistors were of a resistancy that was too high then as you said:
- they pulse to the music, but only the louder noises

but if your resistors were of a resistancy that was too low then as you said:
- when there is no sound, the leds are on but not as much as with sound

so i actually dont see how that is possible, your resistors seem to be to weak but too strong at the same time, did you put the resistors on the positive connection of the led's or the negative? as that may be the reason.
----- F@T3oYCG -----

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 10:17:51 AM »
FaT, it doesn't matter where you put the resistor, as long as it's somewhere in the circuit. As for the leds being on with no sound, but not as bright as with sound, that happens all the time. When there is sound, it is always brighter than when there is no sound. I think you need a higher resistor. Are you doing it direct connect or with lm386? On the direct connect tut, it says to use a 10ohm resistor. However, many modders have told me to use higher ones like around 50ohm. If you're using lm386, then you might want to add a 10ohm resistor to your output pin even though the tuts don't ask you to add any resistors.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline TR4G-

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 08:11:51 PM »
FaT, it doesn't matter where you put the resistor, as long as it's somewhere in the circuit. As for the leds being on with no sound, but not as bright as with sound, that happens all the time. When there is sound, it is always brighter than when there is no sound. I think you need a higher resistor. Are you doing it direct connect or with lm386? On the direct connect tut, it says to use a 10ohm resistor. However, many modders have told me to use higher ones like around 50ohm. If you're using lm386, then you might want to add a 10ohm resistor to your output pin even though the tuts don't ask you to add any resistors.

im using the lm86 one with a 30K and 191K ohm resistors as instructed..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal