Author Topic: PSP HARDRIVE  (Read 1329 times)

Offline brianpspmod

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
PSP HARDRIVE
« on: January 15, 2009, 01:02:20 AM »
Addonics has a product called a USB to NAS Adapter.  This will allow a usb hardrive to appear on a network.  no if we can find a small small small ehternet wireless acces point, tear down the usb adapter, and load linux on it we will have an internal nethostfs server inside our psp's connect a 2.5 hdd to the usb port on the NAS device and we have an internal psp hardrive.  FYI  the usb-nas device is 50 $  35 on ebay!

Offline DubbleDutch

• BlietZ Modding
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0

Re: PSP HARDRIVE
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 09:36:43 AM »
what you just said has been explained already

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=21818.0

To all of you crying about lag and kicks, remember… when Jesus died, took him 3 days to respawn. Now THAT is lag.

Offline brianpspmod

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 01:30:02 PM »
I am trying to get some people involved.  I want people to get excited.  I guess that wont happen until I actually achieve this goal.  And sorry,  this was not talked about in the thread that you linked me to.  This is a project that was started and almost completed by gr8npwrfl, a fellow acidmod user.  He abandoned the project before he could succesfully internalize the project.  so i am finishing it.  YOu will thank me when it is possible to have a hardrive in your psp.

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 01:55:00 PM »
if you can get this done then I will include a link in FAQ thread.  Good luck!

Offline brianpspmod

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 03:10:31 PM »
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   i found it.  The board.  This is truly the holy grail of all that is psp.  It is called the beagle board.  it has a high speed(480mbs) usb host port that is expandable via usb hub.  the board is only 3x3 inches.  It can run full linux kernel!!!   can you say internal psp hd with usbhostfs!!!!!!!  It is soon, very soon.  As soon as i can buy a board i will start working.  It costs 150$ but that is a small price to pay for acces to unlimited usb mass storage devices for use with the psp

Offline brianpspmod

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 04:03:57 PM »
sorry guys. just have to wait until march now.  Turns out that you cannot use a usb hub with the beagle board for our project.  we will need to wait until rev c comes out for the beagle board in march which will include a second usb 2.0 host port.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal