Author Topic: [------> MS slot does not read ms <-----]  (Read 1977 times)

Offline m@DDm!k3

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • destined for the worst luck in modding
[------> MS slot does not read ms <-----]
« on: January 07, 2009, 08:36:20 PM »
i just got my new not new but new used TA-079 MoBo and installed it to my psp so far no problem except that every time i try to insert my ms the led just blinks slowly not rapidly when it does read it i tried seeing if the prongs where touching the ms and they were i have 6 memory sticks tried them all so it must be ms slot. then i tried in my cousins and they all worked perfectly. if u are wondering i did start out with a TA-079 Mobo to begin with so i should be using all the correct parts since i didnt order any new ones

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: [------> MS slot does not read ms <-----]
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 08:59:28 PM »
i just got my new not new but new used TA-079 MoBo and installed it to my psp so far no problem except that every time i try to insert my ms the led just blinks slowly not rapidly when it does read it i tried seeing if the prongs where touching the ms and they were i have 6 memory sticks tried them all so it must be ms slot. then i tried in my cousins and they all worked perfectly. if u are wondering i did start out with a TA-079 Mobo to begin with so i should be using all the correct parts since i didnt order any new ones

Do other memory sticks work?

Offline m@DDm!k3

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 10:03:34 PM »
yea they do i have tree official sony cards and three sandisk
                           ^                 
                   EDIT:three, lol tree
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 06:50:39 PM by m@DDm!k3 »

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 11:08:34 PM »

Wow. That's the biggest sentence I've ever seen. Punctuation between your thoughts make them easier to read and understand.

Anyway, I think you should try re-installing the firmware in the psp. You can do this with a pandoras battery. Sounds like you have plenty of memory sticks to make a magic memory stick. If it still doesn't work after re-installing the firmware, then I'd try to get a new mobo. I'm not sure what would cause this.

Why did you replace the mobo in the first place?
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline m@DDm!k3

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 05:36:35 PM »
I did make a magic magic memory stick ,plus the battery,but that's the problem my MS doesn't read any of my cards. i replaced my last MoBo because seeing as I suck at soldering i accidentally soldered off the contact points on there for my joystick so only way to get joystick working was to put an order on a new MoBo. i really don't plan on getting a new MoBo seeing as this one works perfectly fine. I was thinking of getting a new MS slot though that might be a good solution, but if i can fix it i rather do that.

Offline psp339

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 05:46:10 PM »
My friend has a similar problem on his slim. I sold him a 8GB and it worked fine for the first few weeks. Then now the memory stick light just blinks slowly and doesn't read it. The only way to make it work is to push the memory stick really hard in it for a while and it will work. I tried other memory sticks on it and it works perfectly.

Offline m@DDm!k3

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 06:46:42 PM »
that is what was exactly what I was doing before it got this way ,but now even if i do push it in hard it doesn't read i though it was the gold prongs. one of them might have been sticking up ,but no luck.

Offline tapdisbong

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 07:09:34 PM »
o0o that happened to me one time, and i just threw the psp on the floor and bam it worked. lol  it was one of my first psps though.

Offline m@DDm!k3

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 04:07:36 PM »
I would do that ,but seeing as I tend to regret afterwards i don't think i'll take the chance. lol

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 02:28:26 AM »
Maybe you could try opening it up to see the problem? it's probably something to do with those golden prongs.

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 09:57:23 AM »
He already did open it. He checked the prongs too. I'd just return the mobo to wherever you bought it and get a new one. Most companies will take back defective merchandice.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline m@DDm!k3

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 07:33:20 AM »
yea i'll just see if i can a get a new one ,but it seems perfectly fine besides the part i wont read my memory sticks. that's why i rather by a new wi-fi board and see if that makes a difference.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal