Author Topic: inter SD card reader...  (Read 2954 times)

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
inter SD card reader...
« on: August 06, 2008, 11:30:56 PM »
Hey, I need to know how to wire this up. I have a usb sdhc reader but I don't have a clue what to do. all the threads are just showing me people that have done it, but they don't explain how. Also, which wire would I put the switch on? Thanks

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: inter SD card reader...
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 07:57:37 AM »
:faint: you fail......... you have never seen someone connect a sdhc usb adapter to psp it is impossible atm you saw ppl useing an sdhc to mspd adapter and installing it in the psp with an sd slot to read sdhc cards search SD and my thread talking about my experience installing on a phat and the original thread with a great diagram on the last page thats all you need to know to do this mod i may make a tut soon :tup:

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 09:11:45 PM »
:faint: you fail......... you have never seen someone connect a sdhc usb adapter to psp it is impossible atm you saw ppl useing an sdhc to mspd adapter and installing it in the psp with an sd slot to read sdhc cards search SD and my thread talking about my experience installing on a phat and the original thread with a great diagram on the last page thats all you need to know to do this mod i may make a tut soon :tup:

hmk so there no way to do it with a usb adapter?

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 09:15:15 PM »
hmk so there no way to do it with a usb adapter?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
:faint: you fail......... you have never seen someone connect a sdhc usb adapter to psp it is impossible

Simply No.

Edit- Accialy i think i understand what ur saying :) LOL

U gotta be more clear dude.

You mean take a HDHC Card reader that goes into a computer usb and modify it so it can be in psp?

Yes, but it doesnt go into the usb port it is wired to the memory card slot and you need a Micro SD to MSPD converter. Can be found on DX
Read this-->>
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=14584.0
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 09:28:26 PM by gotjumbo911 »

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 09:31:42 PM »
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Simply No.

Edit- Accialy i think i understand what ur saying :) LOL

U gotta be more clear dude.

You mean take a HDHC Card reader that goes into a computer usb and modify it so it can be in psp?

Yes, but it doesnt go into the usb port it is wired to the memory card slot and you need a Micro SD to MSPD converter. Can be found on DX

Um yea that is what I meant sorry xD. here's what I bought http://www.trademe.co.nz/Electronics-photography/Memory-cards/Card-readers/auction-169070581.htm. Tell me if I could use that.

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 09:34:11 PM »
ya wow u gotta be way more specific lol.....

Thats good

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 09:39:13 PM »
ya wow u gotta be way more specific lol.....

Thats good

So thats a yes? Hope so because I was worried their for a second. :S I should look more into things before doing a mod lol =\

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 09:41:28 PM »
Ya thats good for it :)

Good luck dude  :hifive:

Offline loc125

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 11:05:45 PM »
well i worked on my internal mod for my psp and i was having a problem with the pin config. that was posted, on the pin config. to set up the switch ...it was stated ..you should put the switch on pin 9 vcc - voltage, but it was wrong, it was still trying to read the card with that pin. so with trial and error i figured out that the switch should be added on pin 6 which is the duo card check....if this isnt explained clear.. feel free to contact. ;] i will post pics of my finish install soon. -loc :hifive:

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 12:31:37 AM »
well i worked on my internal mod for my psp and i was having a problem with the pin config. that was posted, on the pin config. to set up the switch ...it was stated ..you should put the switch on pin 9 vcc - voltage, but it was wrong, it was still trying to read the card with that pin. so with trial and error i figured out that the switch should be added on pin 6 which is the duo card check....if this isnt explained clear.. feel free to contact. ;] i will post pics of my finish install soon. -loc :hifive:

Can people stop bumping old threads and pretending like the topic was only posted yesterday?
Make a new thread if it's so important. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal