Author Topic: slim PS2 scratches disks  (Read 3163 times)

Offline hotmr2

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
slim PS2 scratches disks
« on: October 05, 2008, 07:13:55 PM »
hi im new here and i bought a cheap slim PS2 off ebay . it does work with no problem  but after an hr of playing it scratches near the edge of games disks...  like a ring scratch .....  i already pulled a part and clean it and it seems to be clean pretty as it is.... but i gave it another clean anyway ... 
im guessing its the lens that scratches disks ...  do you think its the answer to change to new lens .....from ebay $10 from hong kong ??? but not sure on model parts for it ....  there seems to be two types PVR 802  and other is SPC  XXX  something like that .. my slim model is SCPH750002

any hints or pointers to guide me to fix my scratch problem
regards
slimline rules thanks to recarnis :-)

Offline Blizzrad

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: slim PS2 scratches disks
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 08:24:19 PM »
It has been a while since I opened up the DVD drive on my v7 Ps2, but as I recall there should be a small plastic cog inside the drive which can be rotated to adjust the height of the laser lens. Lowering it too much might cause disc read errors, so try lowering the lens in small increments until it no longer makes contact with the discs.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 08:27:29 PM by Blizzrad »

Offline hotmr2

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 02:46:50 AM »

ahhhh  thanks !!!!  i didnt know that you can rotate it to lower it or high it ..   
hmm interesting and more things for me to learn ....
will give that a go after work tmw 
big thanks for the tip

will update later

Offline hotmr2

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 09:58:21 PM »
is there a video tuterial  to do this ??  i tried googled it   and youtube ....  cant seem to find to the one i need  for adjusting the lens level ........

please help

Offline hotmr2

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 10:26:57 PM »
alright guys and girls  i have bought a brand new lens for it and it still scratches games .  pretty  angry about it now ....  surely somebody please help me how to stop this doing it ..    the game is about 3 or 4 mm away from the lens so surely that cant be touching it ........  bad laser ???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal