Author Topic: mobo fried?  (Read 1626 times)

Offline sakobatoneko

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
mobo fried?
« on: January 17, 2009, 08:48:17 PM »
well i modded a customers ps2 with a modchip all went fine with the installation. I made sure there were no bridges on the soldering points, and on the modchip. since it was a ps2 slim i didnt have the power adapter to test it out, i told the customer that and he said just sent it its ok.
Quote from: customer
ok here is wat happened when i got it the ps2 it would turn on then off. that was when u found out the ground wire did not connect. the next day sparks came out from the outlet. however the ps2 gave the same result. it would turn off then on. i opened the ps2 up to see if maybe i could reconnect this ground wire however in doing so i accidentally disconnected a black wire. i sent u a pic of the mobo and u realized u forgot to solder a wire. then i sent it back.
He also told me that his electricity company was messing around and made a spike (that happened when he plugged in the ps2 and turned it on.) Once i told them to check to see if any wires came off we discovered that i forgot to solder a wire to the mobo. He sent it back and i soldered the missing wire and still nothing, it turns on and sometimes off or it stays on but no image or audio. I think the mobo got fried with the spike that happened at his place. What do you guys think?

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
Re: mobo fried?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 10:19:13 AM »
If there was an electricity spike then the fuse would blow before any damage could be done,so it's probably not that.
You should think about whether he might have ripped a trace or a wire when he took it apart,and only made that excuse so he could get you to fix it.
Try everything youc an and if yous till can't crack it,hit me up.
Derp.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal