Author Topic: COD4 and gamerep...  (Read 2401 times)

Offline untamedcheetah

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
COD4 and gamerep...
« on: January 26, 2009, 07:52:21 PM »
IF you are reported for any offense in live, does your gamerzrep also go down or does it remain the same to disguise the fact that you have been reported?
All I know is that you get kicked from a given match... :dntknw:

Offline Tross2008

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: COD4 and gamerep...
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 08:30:31 PM »
i just got kicked off of xbl for a day for having sexual content in my bio. nothing eles happened all they did was change everything on my bio, name, location. it read "code of conduct". thats all.

Offline untamedcheetah

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 09:17:16 PM »
I meant more when ppl kick you from a match b/c excessive cursing/overcompetitiveness/modding, do you know if there is any way to gain an indication that you have been reported...the point is more to know if I have been reported, I could care less about the stupid litle stars next to my name.

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 06:04:27 AM »
getting reported doesnt affect your rep

but on the other hand

when people send negative feed back (submit player review), it does

Offline untamedcheetah

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 05:54:36 PM »
 too bad, i would rather it did so there would be some indication that you were reported

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 06:27:09 AM »
Has anyone ever been kicked from a cod4 match? I know it gives the option in the menu to kick someone, but it’s never clickable.

There are two ways to report someone, "File a complaint" and "player review". Player review will affect rep if you avoid the person, you can look into your profile under rep and it will state what percent of players avoided you and what percent prefer you. This is what is important; once it hits a certain percent you get a one day ban. This will not affect your stars, which is a very biased rating system, and really don’t mean anything; once your stars are full they stay full.

file a complaint is different, these go to Microsoft, and according to them they are all reviewed, this can be due to bio, motto, name, whatever, if any of these contain unapproved material, you can expect a 1-5 day ban and when you are let back on it will all say "code of conduct" or make you change your gamer tag.

That is how the MS guy on the phone described it to me. I got a 5 day ban because when I got the mile high achievement I advertised it stating the closing game line (don’t remember right now) but I added the phrase "eat that b****es" they band me for that word, I stated that you can now use that term on primetime TV, they stated it was the context in which I used it. 

Offline untamedcheetah

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 06:35:05 PM »
Ive been kicked once, but it was cuz i never spawned on COD4 cuz i was sending a message in txt and somone noticed I was not on...didnt mean to, just wasnt paying attention.

I see people get kicked all the time though, it says so right where the list of kills go in COD.

my avoid rate is 63% and some (20%) of that is for "trash talking", which is bs because i only use my mic to talk to people i know, never in matches, also some (20% also) is for quitting early, which i have never done, I think only b****es quit because they are losing...it just screws other people over when they try to join a match and get a sabotage match with only one other person on the team and the bomb already planted

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 06:45:17 PM »
im pretty sure you can only get kicked in private matches where there is an actual host, not just a randomly chosen one like in matchmaking/public matches

Offline untamedcheetah

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 08:24:16 PM »
If i knew how to take a screenshot on 360 I would show you because all the people I've seen kicked were in normal matches

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal