Author Topic: Huge list of questions, Answered Q's might help other people as well.  (Read 944 times)

Offline kringle185

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Well, here...  :help:

Just have a bunch of questions I have asked on forums but dont really get any good answers.
So here are my questions, I guess I dont care who replys, just want some good answers. Im pretty anxious to get
going on screwing up my consoles, so Id love quick reply. Plus, Im not to conserend about the cost, Ive got about
$50 bucks right now, but I can get a fair amount more by selling all my 360 games, about 20 so I should easily get
from $150-250, plus PSP games. I have a dremel and soldeing iron, plus wire available, plus I was gonna by an
X-acto knife, if a box cuter wouldnt do it.

Heres what I have and am planing on working on.

1. Xbox 360, mostly case plus want new fans and crap.
2. PSP, LEDs, new functions, some other improvements.
3. PS3, I havent seen much of anything done with this, wanna do something.

Here are my specific questions.

Sadly...all the questions under this are just PSP, I have 360 questions under this section.

1. New speakers, what I mean is riping out the UMD reader, replace the PSP logo with 1 small speaker, or two
depending on just what ammount of space I have to work with.
2. CoolMods.co.uk does ship to US right? And if they do generaly what might be your guess on the price to ship
to central USA?
3. Im planing on doing the sound reactive LED mod. My question here is theres the way of just soldering the LED's
to the positive and gorund then wireing to the triggers or wherever the LED is going to go. Can I do more than one or
two on a wire without needing a resistor? I dont really get the LED wiring. I mean to buy a bunch of 0603 LED from
Llamma.com because they are based close. But just how do I wire these? I get how to do one per speaker, but not any
more than that. You dont really need to answer this, but Id like a link to a full explagnmation at least.
4. The PSP soundboard thats in the acidmod shop, do I need that? What does it do since it seems I dont need
it to do sound reactive LED. Im guessing it makes it easyer to do multi LED sound lights.
5. I wanna add some type of security system to my PSP, past software because software can by past, plus I have
forgoten passwords before (mp3 player, sucked...). So I wanna use the reed magnet switch. But wont waving a magnet
over my PSP mess something up? I know magnets can mess up tube tvs but I dont know as far ass the PSP components.
(hmmm, just remembered speakers would have magnets in them...would those be strong enough on the back to trigger the
front?)
6. This question is partly here because I cant ask it in many forum posts, if this rule applys to PM's then just
ignore this question. The m-o-d-c-h-i-p Undiluted Platinum, I know its old and semi-not needed, but Im wondering
just how much room this chip will take (wouldnt be suprised if you didnt know, if not, could you aim me to somebody
who would know?) I guess I mostly wanna install it just to say I did, probably wont get it though.
7. The rummble feature, what do I need for that? Could I just make it rummble off sound by ripping the rummble pack
out of an old motarola and soldering to positive and ground of the speakers like the LED's?
8. Alright, running out of questions, really this is part of an idea for a new mod, but would it be possible to
move the battery? I mean to say, move it to where the UMD reader would be. then have the empty space for the battery
open to the mod?
9. The bumped area just above the screen, when I first got my psp I thought it was a speak, completly wrong...
Anyways, is there enough room up there to put a mini speaker strip up there? (if those even exist) If that
wouldnt work, are there ultra mini speakers that are beter than the OEM ones that could replace them, not counting
the large speaker replacing the UMD reader.
10. Okay Im pretty sure this is my last question...about the psp...I was wondering if there is a replacement screen
that is beter than the PSP-1000's screen. Got my psp within the year of release, I remember reading that the new
models had new screen, and if they were available as just replacement screen.
P.S. 10. Okay I lied this is my last quesiton, how would I go about installing a cell phone into my PSP? I am
willing to replace my UMD reader with a cell even. Though this would probably not be possible, I guess Ill try it,
hopefuly Im not wrong in saying if I manage to do so, I would be the first, and the noob modder god. Oh and also,
is it possible to make it so the PSP LCD screen to accept more than 1 input? like swap from input from the PSP, to
a phone that would be inside?

Also regarding the psp, is there anything else you recomend I do to this? Im also thinking about, the intenal
bluetooth, and internal camera. Like the Razor X, I think I saw a tut. for it, but the side was all deformed and glued
Id rather have a clean looking PSP than the second nub.

___

Under this is all 360 questions...shoudlnt be as many.

If you dont know 360, then go ahead and forward this to the person who would know, or just post it, or tell me too.

1. I want to put a new cooling system into my 360, probably just fans nothing to epic like water cooling.
Its really either the premade ones that siphon power from the DVD player, thats gonna be more expensive than the
other solution. I dont like that idea, because 1 more money needed, and 2 dont like the idea of needing to
sciphon the power off the power already given, which isnt intended to give more or less. These premade ones
would most likely be the Talismoon ones or the XCM brand fans. Then theres just making my own. Take cheeper maybe
even beter ones that are raw and made for the PC, then wire them through the xbox and have an external power source.
My question about that is what would be the thing I need to connect the fans (maybe more than 1) to maybe a box
or something like that, that would plug into an AC outlet.
2. Putting new LED's in there Id like to have these be on anb external power source as well, like the ^^^.
I would like the fans and LED to be in one adapter/box/thingy, yet im still pretty confused by led stringing.
Ive looked at some guides, but pretty much all they say is, You need resistors, link them to LED propotional to
the power output, blah blah, confuses me in so many ways...but id still like just some type of external plug, to
plug all that crap into.

There any mods you recomend else for this?

LAST! the PS3 , ive seen close to no mods for the PS3, is there anything you know of?
If not, I need an idea...

...lot of questions, but please do answer :beg: , if you do could you put your answers to specific questions #'d corisponding to the question?

And thanks for reading all this crap.  :clap:

and yea, took like an hour to wright all this..... :wacko:

Offline Thorax

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: Huge list of questions, Answered Q's might help other people as well.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 01:48:11 PM »
You can do the Sound Reactive mod to the PSP by soldering LEDs directly to the speakers. You don't need resisters, just wires and LEDs.

Offline kringle185

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 02:59:03 PM »
I know that the sound reactive LED is simple, just solder the LED to the speakers, but Im wondering can I have a large amount of LED's say 5 on a speaker with 5 sets of wire? like a wad of solder with a bunch of wires with led's sticking out of it. Or can I have a chain of LED's without needing resistors like this  ---<=>---<=>---<=>---<=>--- or would I need to have resistors in there somewhere. ( <=> = LED)

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 07:07:14 PM »
I know that the sound reactive LED is simple, just solder the LED to the speakers, but Im wondering can I have a large amount of LED's say 5 on a speaker with 5 sets of wire? like a wad of solder with a bunch of wires with led's sticking out of it. Or can I have a chain of LED's without needing resistors like this  ---<=>---<=>---<=>---<=>--- or would I need to have resistors in there somewhere. ( <=> = LED)

Yes, technically that would work, but not entirely. That's what's called a series circuit, and it evenly distributes voltage among the LEDs, making them all dimmer. What you would want to do would be a parallel circuit, which would be wiring them all separately, but you can still manage it easier with some liquid electric tape.

Thanks to HiddenVenom for the sig!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal