Author Topic: MSI ER710X 17''  (Read 2888 times)

Offline The_Pr0slayer

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Caffein Addict
MSI ER710X 17''
« on: February 08, 2009, 07:58:34 AM »
Okay, guys first of all, i am new to this forum and i would like to say hi to every1, I hope you wont hate me for my flaws but rather love me for my skills with pc and not the inexistent one with people.... Okay, enough jibberish....
I hail from slovenia and we have a local version of EBAY here, and i found a pretty interesting offer for 400€, the allready mentioned MSI ER710X 17'' in mint condittion for (about 600USD i would beleive) still in warranty for 14 months and the only problem being it being a bit loud (possibly the fan). Now what i want to know is, can i get a better deal than this for a good moderately big screened laptop for school? And if it's not too much hassle if someone out there allready has a similiar laptop, can he/she navigate me when i'm gonna open this sucker up? because if it's really loud, im probabilly gonna change the fan and optimize some stuff, like i usually do....

bottom line: can i get a better deal? and: can someone tell me how to open an MSI (if it's anything like MSI wind, then no tutorial needed  :))

okay, thank you all

P.S.:
Only asking this coz i need a notebook to mod, i will probabilly continue this topic if or when i buy this laptop....

cheers
-slaya
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 09:57:53 AM by The_Pr0slayer »

Quote from: TheG4mer
dont pour it into the woods because that would seriously f*ck up the ego system.

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
Re: MSI ER710X 17''
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 04:26:58 PM »
MSI MEGABOOK ER710X-052/069

* CPU AMD ATHLON 64 X2 TK-55 1.8GHZ
    * DISPLAY 17" (44 CM.) WXGA TFT GLARE TYPE
    * RAM 2 GB DDR II
    * HDD 160 GB SATA
    * VIDEO ATI X1270
    * DVD-RW SUPER MULTI
    * FAX/MODEM 56.6 K,LAN GIGABIT,
    * WLAN 802.11 B/G, BLUETOOTH
    * CARDREADER, 1.3 Mpx WEBCAM
    * HD AUDIO, HDMI OUT
    * 3.3 КG
    * WARRANTY - 2 Year
http://www.wnetbg.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=116_254&products_id=10577&language=en

for that price, i say its an ok buy, depending on its condition. you should post pics of it
its not an amazing laptop, but i think it would be pretty good for school use.

and. welcome to acidmods

Offline The_Pr0slayer

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Caffein Addict
Re: MSI ER710X 17''
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 02:07:23 AM »
okay, i've seen it yesterday and i don't quite understand why the guy is selling it, since its quite silent (when you fire up a game its a bit louder tho...) and its got a comfortable keyboard and all.... the only thing i think might be worth rethinking is the touchpad... it gives me a bit of a problem when i try to type normaly on the laptop, since the mouse keeps shooting up and down the screen and clicking... so i'll proababilly just remove it on first mod notice install an acrylic glass window and some diodes on the mobo.... + ill make the keyboard backlit... might be a win, might not....

otherwise the pc is mint condittion, and i mean not a single scratch on it.... im thinking about replacing the MSI sign with an apple logo just for fun, since it glows and all.... but ill see about that one.... anyway ill post back as soon as i get the bugger in my mod-willing-and-capable hands :)

oh, and thank you for the reply freek.

cheers,
-slaya

Quote from: TheG4mer
dont pour it into the woods because that would seriously f*ck up the ego system.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal